Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi i am a newbie :-)

Thanks

Smile Hi i am a newbie :-)

Hi Everyone, My name is Sarah and i live is Essex Uk. I have Lupus/Sjogren's overlap, Hughes Syndrome, raynaud's and chloasma !
    I have four children, 3 boys and 1 girl and i was very lucky to have them all before i became ill. I have been unwell since i gave birth to my daughter 7 years ago and i guess this was my trigger !
    I am very lucky that my Lupus & Hughes are mild....i have never had a clot or a TIA and my Lupus is not really affect any major organs
    I currently take 400mg Plaquenil, 150mg Aspirin, Omeprazole, Tramadol and occasionally antibiotics for UTI's.
    I do suffer with my skin in the sun very badly and i use steroid cream for that AND factor 40 LOL
    Anyway thats me in a nutshell !

Forgot to add i am 41 but act at least half my age LOL
    I love a joke and a laugh, it keeps me going !

love to you all Sarah xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hello

its nice you found this group, they have helped me alot so far. i am also 41 and have only 3 chldren. i have sle lupus and also get uti's all the time everytime i go to docs i have one but don't have the symptoms i mainly have fatigue and joint pain right now memory loss really bad i was told called brain fog. i hope this site helps you like it has help me so far. welcome

Thanks

Smile Hello Sarah

Welcome to the site. I'm Lori and I've had Lupus for 27 years. Mine has been in remission for about 13 years. We apparently have something in common besides Lupus...I'm 45 and also act half my age. LOL

When I hit 40, I announced to my family that since Lupus had stolen my 20's and 30's from me I was claiming them back. So when my next Birthday arrived, instead of turning 41...I went back to 21. So, that means I am currently 25.

I'm a Mom also with 2 children...my son is 16 and my daughter is 12. I've heard quite of few stories on this site about women having their Lupus triggered by a pregnancy. Sorry that's the case for you. But what a blessing that you have your 4 children.

Your avatar is sweet...is that your husband....or boyfriend? We've got several great people on here from the UK....I'm sure they'll be along soon to say hi. This is such a great site with wonderful, supportive, compassionate, and funny people. There are plenty of characters on here that love to joke around.

Looking forward to your contributions and sharing.....

Fondly.......Lori

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default welcome Sarah

Welcome to our family. I am so happy that you found us. The people here are the nicest in the world and this family has members from all over the globe
    I am the moderator/administrator here and this site was developed in memory of my daughter, Lauri. I, myself, have lived with Lupus for more than 20 years. So, I know from experience that you can maintain a reasonably normal lifestyle for many, many years with this disease (and its overlapping, tag along diseases), if you make the appropriate lifestyle changes, take your medications as prescribed, eat a healthy diet, keep all doctors appointments and (as you mentioned) keep a positive attitude filled with laughter.
    We are here to help you as much as we can and for as long as you need us.

Again...Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hey Sara,

Nice to meet you...I am 47 years old this month and also am a mother and last year became a grandmother. I have 6 girls and 4 boys...(two of them were adopted as teens) I enjoyed pretty good health until my 5th child came along. (Not sure why the doc didn't decide to do any other tests after her or the story would have been considerably different.) I have sle and sjorgrens.
    I am a pretty happy person... This is a good forum so welcome.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Smile Welcome to our family Sarah,

Hi Sarah,

It is so ironic how you and I are so much alike. I have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl. I have lupus/raynauds/sensitive to the sun/fibromyalgia/Etc. I just went to the Dr. yesterday for another UTI in a couple or so months. I am taking plaquenil, Lyrica, Zoloft, Ibuprophen, I was on Prednisone but it was making my face swell. Since starting my Lyrica, I seem to feel alot better. But anyway, I just wanted to welcome you to our site. Everyone here is so caring and great to talk to. Please write me anytime.

Hugs, Tammy

Thanks

Cool Sarah Welcome

I just wanted to welcome you to the groups. I am fairly new here also and have found it the best supportive tool so far. I was diagnosed about 5 months ago. What a shock and change in lifestyle. The good thing is support here and knowing that other have the same thing I do and understand.
    This is where we should be.
    Ladyrn
    "I will not let this disease define who I am"
    Dx-Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome,antiphosolipid antibiody syndrome, hashimoto's and fibromyalgia and insomina.
    Meds-Plaquniel, Methotrexate, Vit D, Flax seed, asprin, lipitor,armour,premarin,celebrex,folic acid,ambien,hydrocodone,skelaxin,colace,imodium,pr ilosec,antibiotics, and new ones added daily

Thanks

Default Welcome

Sarah, welcome to the forum. I hope you gain much knowledge from the site like I have. I also have SLE and am the mother of a two girls, ages 12 and 9. So it gets really tuff to function during flares. Especially when working full-time and taking care of a family. I also take placquinil...but I take 600 mg...along with a whole hose of other meds.... You sound like you have a very good attitude, and that wil take you a long way... so welcome, and I'm sure we will talk again.
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking

hay you glad you found the site i have only been on couple of days!! hoping as we don't live to far from each other we're get to meet soon xx enjoy xx

Thanks

Thank you to all of you for your very warm welcomes...oooh i feel at home already
    Thanks to Heidi for pointing me in the direction of this great forum xx
    I think that i am going to like it her xxxxx

Lov to all Sarah xxxxxxx