Thread: I am Burning Up

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I am Burning Up

Last night I was so hot all night long. I opened up the window and threw the blankets off of me. I don't know if this is a drug reaction, part of the bladder infection I am fighting, or Lupus related, or a combination of these things. It wouldn't surprise me if I spontaneously combusted. I know others of you get these hot flashes, and such. I don't know what to think sometimes.

Thanks

Awww sorry that you are so uncomfortable. I have those too. I have had the hormones tested and it is not that but I will be doing fine or even be cold and then start sweating and become very uncomfortable. It is the pits...hope yours lets up soon.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like a combination of things..infection alone can cause your temperature to rise. Having Lupus can cause an elevated temperature and we all know what our hormones can do to us
    I hope you are more comfortable tonight

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A friend of mine said I should take my temperature. Now why didn't I think of that! I feel so stupid sometimes.

Thanks

Smile

Awww, Drink...

No need to feel stupid. We've just got so many things going on with this disease, so many things to think about, it's pretty easy to overlook what should be the obvious...like remembering to take your temperature. It's tough to keep up with everything.

I've definitely suffered those sweltering, uncomfortable nights...throwing blankets off...back on....opening windows....kicking my husband out of bed because he's adding extra heat. LOL

I'll bet yours may be the combination theory you have...maybe low grade fever with the infection and the wonderful, 'spontaneous combustible' Lupus heat that roars through us at inopportune moments. I especially love it when it happens in the car while you're driving and you have to turn off all the heat, tear your coat off (while driving), roll down ALL the windows in the car, and stick you head out. That's just loads of fun in Oregon, when it's pouring down rain. You know you're overheated when the pouring rain is hitting your head and you can see the steam coming off the top of your head in your side mirror. LOL

Hope tonight's sleep goes a little smoother for you....

Take care.....Lori

p.s. Have you checked the side effects of the meds you're on to see if that might be causing it also?

Thanks

Oh I am sorry you had a night like that..I too get those miserable things. I sometimes have to just get up and get out of bed. Didn't help my hubby bought one of those fancy foam beds. Well they hold the heat and makes me roast. soft to lay on...yeah and you feel like your cooking...ha ha ha hang in there okay and hopefully you will get thru the infection and start to feel a little better.
    Tishka