Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just out of pure curiosity.......

Thanks

I was 17 and in my senior year of high school when I started having joint pain. It felt like I had sprained my wrist at first, the a couple days later my other wrist starting hurting, fingers starting swelling, knees, etc. Got very hard to get up and go to school, I was able to brush things off for a while until I finally broke down and told my mom what was going on. I was diagnosed by my pediatrican right away and the fun started from there.

Thanks

I'm fairly new here but thought I would jump in on this thread.

My first flare that I KNOW was a flare: (several times in my past may have been, but this is when I was diagnosed so I know for sure)

I was 2 weeks out of surgery, my husband was deployed (on a submarine in the Navy), we have 4 kids, 3 of them have special needs, and my mom (whom I have a very tense relationship with) was here trying to help. Two of my children have autism, my youngest daughter with autism is also developmentally and physically delayed due to a stroke. My oldest son has Type 1 diabetes. It became too much for my mom and she bailed on me saying she could not deal with the stress of the medication and therapy my kids needed.

During this time I began running low grade fevers, my face broke out in what I now know is a "butterfly" rash, my elbow and wrist joints started to hurt, my hands and arms became covered in rashes, I was so tired I could barely function, my eyes started hurting and blurring up on me and then the topper....I lost my hair in about a 5 inch diameter circle.

I am incredibly lucky because my PCM took one look at me and ordered the right tests, and within 2 weeks I was at the Rheumatologist and had my diagnosis.

Allison

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Aged 34 i had just got back from my third trip from Tunisia. I had just got over two lots of what i thought was food poisoning from the previous trips.Now i had flu.

I had severe mouth infections and blisters on my gums and puss it was horrid. I had sores up my nose that wouldnt stop bleeding.I had flu 4 times. I caught chest infections, colds and then the insomnia started.I had chickenpox/shingles a few years earlier. Then i had a Pulmanary Embolism.I found it hard to get out of bed.Migranes and headaches, vision problems. Small tiny sores on fingers and feet which come n go.Ringing sounds in ears. Standing became a problem, legs and feet would go dark purple or blue and i was so dizzy like i was drunk.
    My body began to hurt, aches and joint pains and numbness. My hair decided to join in.....and fall out.I think this hurt the most cause i hid behind my hair. As the years went on, the energy just drained away.Asthma kicked in, IBS and a bit of Acid Reflux for good measure lol More recently a triple lock jaw and tooth breakage.....just for the hell of it lol And today, my left arm n hand are numb.

Oh and ive not got lupus....they say its M.E / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome./Raynauds/Depress/anxiety/insomnia
    Last edited by Angel Oliver; 02-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.