Thread: Weird episode...can anyone relate?

Thanks

Question Weird episode...can anyone relate?

Hi there. Not dx yet but have been trying since sept to get answers. Im just wondering if anyone experiences a red rash..flat similar to sunburn from fluorescent lighting on their body? Mine happens on my face, arms and chest really whatever is exposed which is normally those areas.

I also had an episode a few nights ago. My bf and I were sharing an intimate moment to put it nicely and all of a sudden I broke out into a sweat and felt "off" like something was wrong. Seconds after my heart was racing, I was breathing heavy and hard, I was sweating profusely and couldn't control my body...it was shaking and I was getting chills. At first my bf said I felt hot but I quickly turned cold and clammy feeling. The only other experience similar to this was a week before when I was sick with I guess a stomach bug and was feeling nauseas. I got dizzy standing up and started blacking out. When I hit the floor I broke out into a sweat similar to the one mentioned earlier but it wasn't as bad and quickly subsided when the dizziness went away. I didn't feel any dizziness with the other experience but I was out of it some. I have a fasting glucose of 72 so my dr said mine can drop into the 50s and 60s sometimes. We checked my sugar anyway and it was 98. Anybody know what this could have been? I just chalked it up to hormones in lupus? Thanks and take care. -Brit
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Hi Mommyof1

The rash - to me it sounds like you are VERY UV sensitive - flourescent light can bother many of us. Do your best to stay covered, and consider leaving your hat on inside the stores. Or apply and reapply sunscreen regularly.

I'm not s8ure about the other symptoms, but hope for your sake they don't happen again!

Take care;
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)

Thanks

Smile Agreed

hey there. yeah i thought so too. I never used to be sensitive to lights but have ALWAYS been sun sensitive. when i was little id go out with spf 50 sunblock applied every 4-6 hrs and wear a tshirt over my bathing suit and still get bubble blisters it was a mess. Tragic memory for me. My mom always said I was a vampire lol Thank you though for your comment im hoping my neurologist will have something to tell me tomorrow after my appt. All be well! -Brit
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Hey Mommyof1,

You must be one of those who are super sensitive to uv. You need to make sure in your home you have the other kind. It is getting harder to find them at an affordable price, though.
    That other eposode sounds scary. You need to get in touch with a doctor asap.
    You are right, perhaps the neurologist can shed some light. Perhaps it is a weird sort of miagrain or something.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

yes to both. I rash up to fluorescent lights and I get the horrendous sweats too.

K

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thank you guys for your comments. I went to see my neurologist yesterday. Everything went exactly how I thought it would. He said my pulses in my feet were fine so instead of it being a circulation problem its probably vessel constriction which happens with raynauds. Because of my other symptoms its probably something that causes raynauds such as lupus which he mentioned or autoimmune. So hes doing a full blood workup and a few tests Ive never had before.. a protein electrophoresis, CPK and a few others. Hes also testing for lupus, ra, lyme and hiv. I am also getting a back xray to rule out an injury and a nerve test done on my legs march 11th at his office which I hear is somewhat painful..joy lol An MMG test I think its called. I see my new primary doctor tomorrow so well see what happens there as well because the neuro said the rash which I had at the office was a little out of his field. Just thought Id give yall a heads up and thanks for your support Take care. -Brit
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi brit,

just want to say hi, and good job being your "best advocate" i know it is frustrating going from one dr to another, especially when they don't find anything "in their speciality" that is wrong.

I have learned to expect the response.... It is not_______ it must be your lupus. Oh well, ......what a "wonderful life with lupus" is.

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today