Thread: Has anyone tried Mobic?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Has anyone tried Mobic?

I sam my rheumy and he gave me a bunch of samples of brand name Movic, generic for meloxicam. It is a NSAID. It is used for patients with Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis. He gave it to me to try for the pain in my legs and hips due to the Lupus. Coupled with my pain killers it seems to be working, and with no ill effects. Something to think about the next time you go see the doc and are having pain that can't be controlled to your satisfaction. It does interact with a number of other med's so you would want to maybe investigate this drug and their side effects and contraindications. You can go to RXLIST.com to find out about your drugs and if Mobic would work for you. Maybe its worth a try. Its working on me and for that I am thankful. Finally something to help with the pain, that is enabeling me to walk and live some. Want to talk give me a jingle.
    Always,
    Angela

Thanks

Hello all,

Well it has been over a week now that I have been on Mobic. I have to tell you it is helping in ways that only lupies would understand. I take it with my pain med and I feel great then and can be mobile. If I don't take it well I am catching up on all the shows on tv which for the last month seems to be my favorite pastime. LOL. But summer is here and I want to be able to enjoy doing some things outside and so far Mobic is helping. Talk to your doc if it is something you might want to consider trying. You never know. So many of us have had things that work and things that don't work. It has been the biggest blessing in my life to have this site. There are many good ideas to share, stories and people who care and totally understand what we lupies are feeling and going through on a daily, hourly, and minute by minute basis. Thanks to adminstrator for making this happen. My hat is off to you. You did a good thing here and I along with the hundreds are so grateful for this site.

If anyone else is on Mobic let me know how it is working for you. I'd love to hear from you.

Always,
    Angela

Thanks

What is Mobic. I am trying to find natural solutions. I was taking like 21 pills a day and felt awful. Then when I had an allergic reaction to plaquenol the doc. wanted to put me on imuren...it looks like a terrible drug and I'm thinking of going homeopathic. Has anyone else tried that? :?

Thanks

Hi, Spacey,
    I haven't made it that far in trying alternative med's yet. I am so sorry to hear about your multi dosing of pills. Yuck. I imagine I would be having an allergic reaction myself with that amount.

But when we are in so much pain we are willing to try anything to make it go away. I haven't been able to accomplish this but I have been able to cut the pain back some by using Mobic.

Mobic is an NSAID. Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug. It is used for Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis. It helps with the inflammation and the pain. My rheumy gave it to me to couple it with the Norco. Norco is a controlled substance that is a pain reliever. It is a narcotic. Taking 1 norco is like taking 2 vicodin. He prescribed me both and they work well together. I have been in less pain than just taking the Norco alone. Some of the side effects of the Mobic can be bad if you happen to be one of those individuals who seem to get all the side effects. Fortunately I am not one of these patients and I am so thankful to have something in addition to the the narcotics. If you want more information on Mobic you can visit www.RXLIST.com and this will give you all the information you want on this drug and all other drugs you have questions about. Like I said it is working wonders even if only for awhile. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them for you to the best of my abilitiy. Thanks for asking. Do you take any drugs that are working for you? Let me know as I am interested in all the med's that are working on Lupies. It sure helps us all to know of any new med's or even different ways they have been prescribed. Good luck on your venture to the discovery of new medications. Oh also Mobic has been around for awhile and isn't new. I just hope it keeps working and I don't have to go back to the drawing board for another go around of what will work and what won't.

Always, Angela

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Plaquenol worked for me before but this time I had a horrible allergic reaction. Relafin use to help, but now it doesn't touch it.. So I'm off to a naturapath. I don't know what else to do. I feel worse on the meds than off. And I feel pretty bad on them. I had to take time off from work and I never do that. I just don't want to give in to this. I hope your med. keeps working though. If I find something else that works I'll let you all no what it is. take care stay positive. s

Thanks

Default Re: Mobic (Meloxicam)

To help with the joint pain, my rheumatologist gave me a prescription for Mobic 7.5 mg (dosage: 2 daily), generic name Meloxicam.

The doctor said I would probably know whether it would help within several days. If it doesn't after "a while", I don't have to take it. I've read some things that say it could take up to three weeks, but I think I should have an idea before then. I'll give it a good try.

I am also taking Prednisone, Plaquenil, Methotrexate, etc. I have seen the warning about Mobic possibly contributing to Methotrexate toxic build-up but am not worried, since I'm confident that my doctor would be able to help me if that started happening b/c he has gotten me through Methotrexate toxicity in the past.

I think I'll take it in the evening. Any suggestions about / experiences with that? My hope is that this way it will be in my system all night and help me have a good morning, since I'm usually zonked by the evening anyway...

Can anyone else share their experiences with this drug? Has it helped you? Is there a certain way to take it that works well for you? Do you experience any side effects?

pharmacygirl34, are you still taking it? I was happy to read your posts from a few years ago and wondering if it continued to work for you.

Thanks

Mobic, I swelled. Stopped dosing, I stopped swelling.

Hugs,
    Oluwa