Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Strange Symptom

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default New Strange Symptom

Hi everyone,

We had a big snowstorm yesterday, and everything is totally white today and the sun is out. I wear sunglasses because the glare off the snow is painful. I was outside for about an hour, and when I came in, everything was the wrong color. Like, anything white like the ceiling and walls was a bright reddish pink color. Very bright an vivid. After about an hour it gradually went away. Anybody ever have this happen?

Rob

Thanks

hey Rob,

Could it have been a combination of the White glare of the snow coupled with your sunglasses...What tint are they? Some are a yellow amber color and others are a rose or pinkish color. Perhaps if that is the explanation the long time it took for your eyes to get back to normal is because of Autoimmune junk. That is my best guess...I have that problem when I am in a very bright place with my sunglasses on and it seems to take forever for the eyes to go back to normal...not an hour though...kinda like being blinded by the light without sunglasses and how long it takes that bright white spot to leave the eyesight.

If it's not one thing it is another...what cr@p!
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

Cool Hi Rob

Glad to hear from you this morning. You made the news here in Oregon. Well, not you literally.....Maine. They shared that your storm has left many people without power in Maine. I was worried you might be one of them. Are your parents doing okay in this? You guys are sure getting your winter this year.

Not sure what might be going on with your eyes. Haven't ever heard of that. I have to wear my sunglasses for snow glare too...without them is too painful on the eyes. It may be the glare was so intense, even with the sunglasses that it began to affect your retinas or other important parts of your eyes. I wonder if that's what happens with snow blindness? Good thing it cleared up...that would be pretty difficult to live with.

Glad to hear your area is getting some sun today, that has to lift the spirits a bit when you're snowed in.

Stay warm and take care...

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Rob

Yeah when we had the snow i had the same thing, the whiteness of the snow was too hard for my eyes to take, then went indoors and couldnt see anything, i felt like a wally walking around outsised with sunglasses on so i stayed in in the end lol strange

ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

My eyes have always been very sensitive so I wear my "Cool Rays" wherever I go. I must say that I've never had anything like you describe, Rob. I'm glad it finally resolved, but can understand your concern. If it persists, get in touch with the doc.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I made an appointment to see the eye doctor in two weeks. I wear these polarized kinda pricey sunglasses, I forget the brand, but they are suposed filter out the really harsh stuff. It was the strangest sensation. If I stared at one spot the red would get darker and if I blinked or looked around it would instantly change to a light pink. Weird.

Lori, most of the state has been without power since the storm. Most power has been restored as of this afternoon. The power was out in my area, but I have a generator, so it was no big deal for me. My parents place has a generator too, so they had no problems. I stuck a yardstick into the new snow, and it was just short of three feet. Had to hire a snowplow to clear my driveway. It was too much for my snowblower, and too much for me. For whatever reason I've been shaky and weak feeling today. SLE sucks.

Thanks

Cool This is Rob with expensive sunglasses....

Rob....Yep...Lupus sucks big time. You said it! Sorry your having a tough one. Wish you could catch a break for a change.

You have confirmed my image of you....I had you pegged as a 'Generator' kind of guy. I figured if anybody's going to have a Generator, it'll be Rob. I remembered your 'snowblower' comment that had me cracking up....

Glad your parents are taken care of. Do you have any other family in Maine?

I'm hoping tomorrow will bring some relief and a little extra energy for you. Sending you hugs...one for your pain...one for your spirit. Wish there was a way to send some of my energy all the way to you. If there was, I'd gladly share.

Hang in there...

Lori

p.s. I finally stopped buying expensive sunglasses after I sat on my last 3 pairs.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

I am glad you are doing better. It scared me when I read the blog. My mom is a diabetic and has had macular degeneration. When the blood vessels bleed; she sees red. UCLA goes in and lasers it to stop the bleeding. She can only see shadows only.

Anyway, I am glad you are doing better. I have never been to Maine although have read several books by Carla Neggers (FBI thrillers) and seems beautiful.

Take care,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Rob,

You take it easy and try not to worry too much.Glad you've made the appointment with the eye doctor and hope he can put your mind at rest and help you see better in the right colour.
    Hope you feel a touch better today, but make sure you rest...the snow will melt soon
    Sending you gentle hugs and so hope you managed to get some sleep too.

Love
    Angel.xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi rob,
    once again, you present a "strange symptom" that apparently has people scratching their heads. Sorry about the vision problem, hope it is just the "new snow". I wish you did not have to wait 2 weeks for a dr. appt. Let us know what you find out.

Hope your day is good,
    phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today