Thread: constant tonsil infections

Thanks

Red face constant tonsil infections

hey there...does anyone else experience constant tonsil infections? i mean they are infected at least twice a month for minimum of one week and sometimes they become infected and stay infected for 3 months solid. they get swollen and white and super painful and i can hardly swallow from the swelling. my dr. tells me i am over-reacting and it is just what i will see with my meds (even though I am finally off the methotrexate and on only 5mg prednisone). soooo frustrating. i can't get any medication out of him to address the infections and insurance makes changing drs a huge, huge pain in my behind! i've had symptoms of lupus since age 13 but i've been diagnosed for only 2 years and have had this tonsil problem for about 6 years now. i am 27. i am ready to rip my own tonsils out soon!

maybe someone here can offer some info on the tonsils and lupus connection, if any?? thanks to all.

Thanks

I might find another doc...perhaps one who will listen to you...it sounds like you get so infected that the white could be pus..I am not saying to leave your Rheumy, just find another doc maybe a GP who will help you with these constant infections.

On a practical side, I am sure you are using Vitamin C or at least drinking your oj or eating those oranges.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cranbrycloud,

I have not seen any posts on tonsil issues, but this is a strange disease, so anything is possible. I agree with sickntired....maybe a primary care physician would be more knowledgeable on these issues than your rheumy. Do you have a pcp?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I was a child, I suffered tonsil infections at least once per month. My God-Mother would put cayenne pepper on the end of a que tip (or is that cue tip???) and rub it on the infection on my tonsils. It burned like h#@!, but it cured the infection. After doing this about 2-3 times, I never suffered another tonsil infection. Don't know if this is helpful to you at all

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!