Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Everyone in Pain and Suffering Today....

Thanks

Default To Everyone in Pain and Suffering Today....

I just wanted to let you know that I care, and I'm thinking about you today. I know there are plenty of people, some that post here often and some that we never hear from, that are suffering in pain today, and I wanted to tell you I am truly sorry.

I am sorry that you are hurting so much. Sometimes almost more than you can bear. I am sorry that you have to live with this and every day face the difficulties. And I'm not just talking about the physical pains, I mean the emotional ones, too. The ache of being so lonely you could cry. Of, perhaps, feeling all alone, even when there are people in the room right next to you. I'm sorry you suffer because no one understands you. I'm sorry that sometimes it hurts so bad, you just wish it would end. I understand all of the heartache and anguish that goes with this rotten disease, and I wish I could 'wish it away for you'.

Please know that when I first joined this forum last April I was unbelievably overwhelmed with the number of people all around the world that are in the same boat as I am. Every day it seemed another person would appear and cry out for someone to understand them. Someone to listen. And we are in all corners of the world. Why does the world not listen to us, pay attention to us?

I do want to share one observation I have made about those with Lupus. In all my encounters with those that have Lupus, one thing stands out. I have noticed that every single one of them is a kind, compassionate caring person that does not deserve this. Every single one of them! I'm not sure why, but I guess mean people are somehow exempt.

If you are reading this, where ever you are in the world today, please know that even though I might not know your name, or anything about you, I am still thinking about you and sending you gentle, caring hugs. Not the kind you can feel, but the kind that come from my heart straight to yours.

Please keep your head up high, hold on to a strong, fighting spirit in your heart, and never let Lupus win! I don't intend to.

If you read this and want to join the forum, please do so and feel free to send me a private message if you want to 'talk'. I'll be here for you.

Fondly,

Lori
    Last edited by Rastagirl; 02-20-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks

How sweet, of you Lori...thanks for this post it is like walking outside in the spring just after a rain.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks so much Lori. Your timing and words were perfect.

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Talking

Thanks I really needed to hear/read that today. I'm sick and that is making my body hurt and I need to call my physician for a refill (but of course its the weekend LOL). So its so nice to hear something positive and loving.

And you are right everyone here seems to be nice and caring and sweet. So I guess mean people do get exempt from the big L. Guess we were just meant to be stronger!

((HUGS))
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Ah Lori,

So nice

Love n hugs
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Smile

sick n tired...mountaindreamer....cherokee...

You're welcome. I've been meaning to post this for the past few days, but couldn't quite figure out how to say it.....last night it just sorta fell into place.

My heart just opened and the words spilled out....

Hugs...Lori

Thanks

Smile

Love n Hugs back to ya Angel.....

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lori,

love the avatar
    phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Cool

Thanks mountain...

Pink Floyd's my all time #1 band.....

I have to share a story with you....

A few years ago, I was driving along a country road near my house....it's the back way I take to the Cosctco I shop at. I'd driven the road many times over a 4 year period and always noticed this kind of ugly, grey barn as you crested a hill. One day, I crested the hill and someone had painted the entire side of the barn with the 'Dark Side of the Moon' symbol. It was so amazing! Huge! And unbelievably colorful. I was so wowed I nearly drove off the side of the road. It just made me feel so good all that day, so that night I thought "I'm driving out there tomorrow and take some pictures of it."

Next day, I jump in my truck and head out there. When I crested the hill, I nearly cried. The barn owner was just finishing painting over it and restoring his barn to an ugly grey. I coudn't believe it....I was devastated! When I thought about it, I realized someone must have gotten tired of seeing that ugly barn day after day and come in the night and painted it. So, of course, the barn owner had every right to paint over it. I certainly don't condone trespassing or painting someone's property....but couldn't he have left it up just a little while longer??

Rock on....

Lori

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lori;
    That was very sweet, caring and thoughtful. Thank You So Much

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!