Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain Fog...Latin style

Thanks

Default Brain Fog...Latin style

HubbyMan has this calender of useless information that our daughter gave him for Christmas.
    Wednesdays Useless info says: The word lethologica describes the state of not remembering the word you want to say. Lethologica come from the Latin lang.
    So we all have major lethologica. What a mouthful.

K
    Last edited by NoodleMom; 02-20-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: add a vital piece of usless info.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I must have terminal lethologica. Can you imagine calling in sick to work. "What's Wrong? I have the dreaded lethologica, very contagious, I think I'll be gone all week..."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love the word....I bet not too many employers even know what it means. So, I can hear their response, Rob.."Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Is their something that you can take for it?"

I think I will tell everyone, when asked about my illnesses, that I've just discovered that I also have chronic lethologica. I am so curious to see how they react to it lol What is even funnier about the word is that, we will forget a word that we wanted to use, but we will remember to say, "oh my, I've just had a bout of lethologica" TOOOO FUNNY!!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 02-20-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh i like that word so much.....lethologica......sounds so much better than memory loss or forgetful. Now how cool am i......i now speak Latin.....hehehehehee.xxxx

Thanks

Smile Lethologica?

Thanks, Noodlemom....

Great! Now I have another word to remember, so I can be frustrated when the brain fog hits and I can't remember it. LOL

Me thinks I should write this one down somewhere......so I can find it when I need it......mmmmmmmm....but where.....?

Maybe a good feature to have on this site would be a 'notepad' where we could write down things we want to remember...like new words. Then we wouldn't have to search around our houses for 'em.

Thanks for sharing with us Kasey....it appears that they put a useful word in your husband's 'Useless Words' calendar.

Enjoy your day...

Lori

p.s. My brain fog is so bad today, I just realized I can come right here to this post if I need the word again. Boy do I feel foolish. *sheepish grin* (I had 'stupid' first, then changed it to 'foolish'. Sounds so much better.)

Thanks

You guys crack me up. ROFL!!

Rob, The dreaded lethologica. That is too funny. Lots of sympathy there.

Saysusie You will have to share with us how the experiment goes. Yeah thats a word that maybe we can hang onto. There isnt much we can control but maybe we can have it tattooed on our hand. Then we can just look at the word when we need it.

Rasta we need a tattoo. But then we'd have to remember that we got one and then where we got put on us and third even remember to look for it. Boy oh boy we are certainly a group now arent we?

Thanks

Default A Tattoo?

Now that's a good one. Just make sure you don't tattoo it on your hiney, then you'd never find it unless you accidentally walked past a mirror naked and happened to glance. And then it'd be backwards.

hehehe....

*Smiling*

Lori

Thanks

What a bunch we are. A group of goofs. A group of loopy goofs. A loopy group of Lupie goofs.
    Okay it to early in the morning to be thinking so hard.
    Kasey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Lol...yes but its fun

Thanks

Talking

A loopy group of lethological lupus goofs

LOL!!!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)