Thread: Steroid injections?

Thanks

Default Steroid injections?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as steroid injections for hands? When I had back injuries in the past before surgeries I would get steroid injections in my back first to see if that would calm down the inflammation. It usually helped but only temporarily.

I'm just wondering out of curiosity if such things are offered for hand/joints?

I will ask my doc in march when I see her but figured you guys might know too!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cherokee

i have suffered with pain in my hands for many years. I have never found anything that provides relief. However, in October, my rheumy gave me a medrol injection....this is used to both provide relief from swelling, and to help diagnose Lupus. Evidently, other diseases do not respond to the injection like lupus does. My hands did get relief from the medrol. The overall body relief from the injection last 2 to 3 months. you might want to ask your dr. about the medrol injection. (it was given in my hip)
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I've had steriod injections in several sites, but not my hands. However, a friend of mine with RA has had them with lots of success. I guess it's no fun to get them, but she said it's worth it. Good luck.