Thread: New to Lupus and online support

Thanks

Default New to Lupus and online support

Hello, my name is Debbie and I am brand new to online support groups so please be patient with me. I have been reading some of the posts here and have found them to be very informative and helpful. I’m not sure how much I should share in this forum so I’m just going to put in some basic information about myself. I am 41 years old, have been living with type I Diabetes for 35 years and was diagnosed in November of last year with Lupus. I live with my little dog and work on a full time basis. I have many questions and often feel quite alone in this process. I have an appoinment this week and have a list of things to discuss with the doctor but don't know if it is Lupus related or something else.

I look forward to chatting with others who are living with Lupus.

Peace and blessings,
    Debbie

Thanks

welcome,

good for you for having a list for your doc, i always bring in a list and he lets me know what is lupus related and what is not. i could really understand feeling alone, i to have had a hard time believing there are other woman out there living with the same problems i have, but here they are! i write alot about my meds and about side effects, so feel free to post whatever is on your mind.
    so sorry the hear about the lupus but happy you found some support.

be well,
    melinda

Thanks

Hi,
    First this a good start to getting you well. This site offeres a lot of information and things so of us don't even think about. I wish I had made a list to see my rheumy about, but didn't am now I am making a list for my next visit. Things that may seem unrelated but are new symptoms of something or even old symptoms, write them down and discuss it with your physician, because some things may be part of Lupus and you could have no idea, and have been chalking it up to something else. This is what I have done for years. Chalking up all these wierd things to me being an idiot or a freak, even though I know I am not. But now I have some solid answers as to why and what is causing all of this even if they can't tell me what caused the Lupus in the first place. Thats okay, just having answers and solutions to each problem is helping. Also go through the site and read others symptoms. It may trigger some memory on your part and you'll be thinking oh yea I forgot about that, then you can write that down too. Good luck with health. We are all thinking and praying for you as well as for each other too.
    Always,
    Angela