Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fibro female question

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    Hi Want It Gone,

I have SLE, Fibro, Anti-phospholipid syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. Burning in the buttocks is completely normal for Fibro. Mine usually starts in the low back runs down the buttocks and sometimes even effects my legs. It's not fun for sure. My doc prescribed Soma 350 for break away pain when it's everywhere. I hope this helps.

Take care,

Faith
    thanks faith!!! i'll talk to my rheumy about it. how have you been?

Thanks

addendum to my initial question. i don't know if this is normal but i've noticed over the past few days that my breasts hurt. it's not a tenderness issue. they actually hurt! lol. anyone else? i'm so tired of this body. it seems like every month or year there's something new!!! i called my rheumy just now (i don't have an appointment til march) and of course she's out of the office til monday. i can't even talk 2 her about the medication faith recommended.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

does your rheumy have a "nurse practitioner" or a personel nurse. When my rheumy is not available, I can talk to either her nurse or practitioner, and they will check with dr. and get back with me.

when it comes to a med and questions about effects, i think you should persist and forcefully request that the office find someone for you to talk to....i doubt they want to ignore issues about meds.

good luck...remember...you are the boss.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    does your rheumy have a "nurse practitioner" or a personel nurse. When my rheumy is not available, I can talk to either her nurse or practitioner, and they will check with dr. and get back with me.

when it comes to a med and questions about effects, i think you should persist and forcefully request that the office find someone for you to talk to....i doubt they want to ignore issues about meds.

good luck...remember...you are the boss.
    hey mountain,

the nurse practitioner and rheumy are out of the office! lol. ur right, usually i can talk to the np if my rheumy isn't there. i guess this is one of those unlucky times. i'm just frustrated. it's so irritating to not know what's wrong. i was looking online and read about something called myofascial pain syndrome and how it can be triggered by fms. i'm not trying to self diagnose, but i'm wondering what the crap is going on! lol. have you ever heard of this? breast pain is listed as one of the symptoms. i also have the jaw pain. shoot, i'm in pain all over. arrgghh!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi want...

I have heard of myofacial.... but i never really explored it too much. I do remember on more than one occassion that my breasts were very painful....i did not know what it was, and it went away....i have always had weird pains that appeared, stayed a while, then dissappeared. I have not really had problems with jaw pains, but i have read several posts on this site from people who have serious jaw issues.

sorry i can't be more help.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    hi want...

I have heard of myofacial.... but i never really explored it too much. I do remember on more than one occassion that my breasts were very painful....i did not know what it was, and it went away....i have always had weird pains that appeared, stayed a while, then dissappeared. I have not really had problems with jaw pains, but i have read several posts on this site from people who have serious jaw issues.

sorry i can't be more help.
    that's okay. thanks so much for your input! i'll call my rheumy 1st thing monday morning.

Thanks

Smile

Hi Mountaindreamer,

Is it burning pain that you have from mid thigh to the belly? I have never had it in my belly; but everyone is different. I would definately check with a rheumy and make sure it's fibro (burning) and not myositis or polymyositis.

Keep us updated.

Take care,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

so far my rheumy has not been able to pinpoint it. We each thought it was probably the interstitial cystitis...but i will write down (so I don't forget) and ask her about myositis and polymysitis. The burniing pain is from the groin area down to the middle of the thighs.

thanks for the input, and i will pursue definitive explanation.

thanks,
    phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today