Thread: new from NJ

Thanks

Default new from NJ

hi all-

I realized I started posting on the board but forgot to introduce myself

I'm Kristin from central Jersey. I was diagnosed with lupus in October 2007 and then over the next year, they reclassified it as mixed connective tissue disease w/ features of Srojens and Lupus. My worst symptoms lately have been a rash all over my body from head to toe...it's finally fading, I wish I knew what treatments were actually working!

I'm currently taking plaquenil and am working on tapering off 10mg of prednisone.

Over the past year and a half, I've seen a bunch of doctors...first a local rheumy (total jerk), then a nicer rheumy not far from my house (not that good a doc), then a totally natural doc, then back to a rheumy etc etc. I think I have finally found a good combo of docs, a very good local GP and a rheumy who is also an acupuncturist located in Philly (I start seeing her next week, cross fingers it works out!).

I have been trying to come up with a treatment plan that is a combination of traditional meds as well as more alternative treatments (acupuncture, nutritional supplements etc), and I think I'm getting close. And I'm feeling somewhat better these days, though I'm pretty achy today.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you

--kristin
    mom to Simon, age 2.5 yrs
    it was lupus in 2007, now it's mixed connective tissue disease w/ symptoms of lupus and srojens...
    either way, it's a pain in the neck (literally)...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Ah welcome and hello.

Glad to hear your feeling a little better lately. Catch up with you soon.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi kriscoop,

welcolme to the group....glad you found us after the changes. I fumbled around for awhile, but i might be getting now.

Thanks for your introduction. your plight is a story of making the necessary changes to find the right fit with a dr. I have actually heard that acupuncture can provide relief from some of the symptoms. Let us know what you find out at the dr. next week. This is an interesting approach, and will provide another angle to the discussions on the forum.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Smile Welcome Kristen

Just wanted to add my Hello to the bunch. I've already encountered you on the forum, but nice to hear your 'story' and actually meet you.

I, too, will be interested to hear about your doc visit next week. I hope this one will be a good fit for you. So have you ever tried accupuncture?....or is it something you're considering at this point? That's one treatment I've thought about, but never actually brought myself to do it.

I'm glad to hear your allover rash is calming down. Hope it fades into the sunset....and stays there.

Be sure to keep posting. You'll find a great group of caring, supportive people around here.

Fondly,

Lori

p.s. Your little boy, Simon, is absolutely adorable!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its nice that you introduce yourself, i also forgot and when i have time will do the same. i am new to this site but so far feel better reading other peoples information and its good to vent to people who understand.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wink Hi Gina & Kriscoop

I've enjoyed reading posts from both of you. Kriscoop, thank for for your introduction and Gina, I feel as if we know you already (lol).

Kris, I am glad to hear that you are finding a combination of medications and treatments that you feel will work for you. Most of us have had to experiment with meds, dosages, treatments, lifestyle changes, etc., in order to find a combination that helps us and that allows us to maintain some form of a normal lifestyle. It can be a trying experience, at times, but once we find that combination, it is like a relief!

I am glad that both of you are here and you've both already added so much by being here.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagirl View Post
    So have you ever tried accupuncture?....or is it something you're considering at this point? That's one treatment I've thought about, but never actually brought myself to do it.
    I've tried acupuncture for back pain in the past (it was the only thing that every helped my lower back pain that I had for over 10+ yrs). I'm seeing an acupuncturist currently, and I've been getting better - hard to say what is moving me in the healthier direction, but it's certainly not making me worse

Quote Originally Posted by Rastagirl View Post
    p.s. Your little boy, Simon, is absolutely adorable!!
    thanks!
    it was lupus in 2007, now it's mixed connective tissue disease w/ symptoms of lupus and srojens...
    either way, it's a pain in the neck (literally)...

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Kristin,

I'm Rob. I just live up the road from you in Maine. Welcome to our group! I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. You know, I think it must be some universal law, that Rheumotologists are jerks. I've been forced to fire a couple of them over the past year. Don't know what it is with that particular field, but it seems to attract those who slept through basic human relations 101. Anyway, as you can see, we're a laid back group here, so please make yourself at home. And say hello to Simon!

Rob

Thanks

Smile

Hey Kristin,

How goes it? I was diagnosed October 2007, also...The first Rheumy I went to was a jerk...he called what I was feeling "crazy woman's disease"..I then found a much better doc...Oh my goodness...he is great. Lately I have been really ill and he calls at home to see how I am.
    I am sorry that you are achy...that can be the pits...especially in the winter when it seems to hurt more. It is great that you have been able to come up with a good group of docs, though...I look forward to chatting with you, too.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost