Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pannick attacks?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

ISDM....you ignore any negative comments.....only hear the positive funny ones tmrw and you enjoy YOUR night out. (I'll be watching you in spirit to make sure )

Bonus mom.....lol i know its still there....for sale, but still no takers lol make an offer lol it's under recycling or used goods

Cheyl v..... do you not have like a ring and ride bus that can pick you up from your home and you pay a minimal fee, cause you have Lupus? Over here in the UK we have ring n ride and they collect you from home for 1.00 then bring you back.

Angel.xxx

Thanks

Smile

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I live in the woods on a dirt road. No transportation comes this far. I'll have to learn to conqure my fear I suppose. Any advice is always good, even if it doesn't help. Gets the mind reeling on track to other things. So thanks Rob and Angel, for at least trying.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default Hi Cheryl

Just wondering... Do you have Medical insurance coverage?

When I needed to see a counselor in the past, I discovered that in addition to the Physical and Occupational Therapy benefits, I also had a certain number of sessions per year with a Social Worker included in my policy. Most 'Counselors' have their Social Work credentials, if not all. My doc made a referral based on my medical diagnosis. The issue I was experiencing was exacerbated by my Lupus and the problems that go along with it, and affecting the treatment of my Lupus.

I searched around and found a Family Counselor that changed my life. When I showed up for the first session, I discovered she had Lupus herself. Talk about a perfect fit! And when my insurance-paid sessions ran out, she saw me on a 'sliding fee' scale, just like Rob mentioned, and allowed me extra time to pay off any money I owed.

Are the panic attacks something you've always had, or something that came since the Lupus diagnosis? Just curious.

Not sure if this will help at all, but just thought I'd share the info.

Lori

Thanks

Hi, I never even thought of that. I'll have to check it out. The driving panic attacks are from mum's driving. She was awful, still is. I don't ride with her anywhere. She doesn't look forward often, always looking at you and things on the side of the road. She has nearly hit head on more times than I care to remember. She can't turn corners without going into the other lane. She has night blindness, but still drives at night. Once when she lived near, a friend and I thought we would visit her. She pulled from the drive and speed our way. I told him to move, he didn't. He had to jump into the ditch. She gets tunnel vision when she's alone, focuses ahead without even glancing around. Many have complained when she drove alone. Was so glad she moved, got the neighborhood of my back. I know I will not drive like her, I just know there are people out there like her and that scares me. I also don't like crowded places, and roads are. Its something I'm going to have to eventually conqure.

As for the other attacks, noticed them shortly after my fibro dx. I have FMS, not lupus I believe. Although with the joints I do wonder. These are coming more frequent, and harder to come down from. I have 3 kids, so remind myself to keep it together for them. I have too. Just not sure how much longer it'll help.

ISDM, how was your day?
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cheryl,

I was diagnosed with fibro 13 years ago, and just this past oct. lupus was added. The joint pains etc. are not fibro. There are specific trigger points that will flare and cause extreme pain. I have found that the pain in the joints, hands, feet, hips, etc are not fibro. You may have both like i do.

I do not suffer from panic, but my son does. We have had the most interesting conversations, that have shed a light on what he goes through. We have been at the store before, and he will say "mom, I feel like everyone in the store is looking at me and judging me." I guess since I don't have panic attacks, I really can't understand the magnitude of his situation (sorta like us with lupus and others who can't understand) but I do realize this is a real problem, and I wish i had the answers.

So sorry you are going through this, and I really hope that someone can help....my son really struggles with this.

phyllis
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Those are my major pain ares too. The doc I have acts like fibro can effect joints in certain ways and cause pain. So I just gave up arguing.

I feel for your son, thats the way I feel. Like they're looking and closing in. I shut my eyes and breathe, and count to 10 slowly. If it doesn't work, I stare at the floor and softly hum while walking. When someone does mention the humming, I just tell them I have a song stuck in my head. Good senerio on the way he feels. I like the comprarison.
    Cheryl