Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Chas.

Thanks

Default Hi from Chas.

Hi I am Chas. I have had a bad year of illness, chest infection after chest infection followed by skin rashes on torso. Finally after the last infection of August 2008 I did not sleep for months and thought I was crazy. I was diagnosed with hyperventilation syndrome - which is a nice way of suggesting I am a hypochondriac who breathes shallow in panic and gets dizzy because of it. Thankfully blood tests revealed auto immune issue (320:1 homogeneous) but negative for further testing. (latest test is 160:1 speckled - still negative further testing)

As yet I am undiagnosed - my rheumie said she cannot diagnose me with Lupus - YET - but they had to be vigilant as I have this permanent blush on my face. They are more concerned with the renal failure or organ involvement of lupus as opposed to my insomnia, dizziness, joint pain, fatigue and anemia. (also vit. D deficient) I am okay without a diagnosis in some ways as it allows me to believe it may not be permanent but in other ways I would rather have a plan as opposed to a hope. I have learnt to manage my illness - by tempering activity with rest, avoiding the sun and taking supplements but part of me wants to go for broke - live normally and see what happens. I am having a better year this year by being careful and it is a better place to be I suppose but living on the fringe of an illness is difficult for people to understand let alone support.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome.I am sorry to read you have been so sick and i wish this year is a better one for you. Yes the diagnosis thing is frustrating, but i hope you get one soon and the doctors look after you. I have M.E/Asthma/AReflux/IBS/insomnia/depression/anxiety. Nothing is in your mind and you are not going crazy even though i know sometimes it feels that way. You have found us now and we'll help you on your journey of life.We know the ignorance of some people and you'll find allot of understand and love here. If theres any questions you need answering, just jot it down and many people will come and see if they can help you. I hope you know ''you are not alone''

love and gentle hugs
    Angel.xxxx

Thanks

Hi Angel, Thanks for warm welcome. I have one question - why is your name followed by the words Senior member - Rabid Pit Bull? Mine has junior member and then this:Beloved AdminNewbie AlertModeratorMember Booted - Has this username been used before?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi chas,

these new names are a hoot for all of us. The new format for the forum has each of us guessing at the rhym or reason for the names. I guess these are assigned by the admin., and they change according to the number of posts.

Hope your year goes better....believe me, going back to living like you did does not work. Keep up the good work ...and take care of yourself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hey ive just changed to a Rattlesnake sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss lol
    This site has just been updated yesterday i think so its all new. I was on the old site and joined a few months ago...so im a senior member lol aged 39 So the more you post you'll see your named change e.g i was a pitbull but im still posting so im a rattlesnake. Maybe because you are a newbie the system has rebooted and thats why it says what it does. Think thats right anyway lol

Love
    Angel
    (Scary Rattlesnake ssssssssssssssssssss lol )

Thanks

Chas...welcome...hugs.

I think that is an error...a kink in the system why it lists that under your moniker...Beloved AdminNewbie AlertModeratorMember Booted. I left a post for our Beloved Admin Conrad to check it out...

You will find wonderful support here..we all understand and someone is always a stroke of your keyboard away.

Read about, make friends...

A new forum format started today, so we are learning too how it goes..

Keep well...Enjoy your evening..
    Love,
    Oluwa
    Last edited by Oluwa; 02-16-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Smile Welcome Aboard

Hello Chas....

Just wanted to welcome you as well. Glad you decided to join us. We're always happy to have a new face and words around here.

I think I may be able to answer your question....the 'Senior Member' looks like it's preprogrammed, maybe by the number of posts you've made, because I see some members who don't have many posts, with the 'Junior Member' status.

.....and the 'Rabid Pit Bull', or in my case, 'Puppy' is also pre-programmed with these fun names that change as you reach different numbers of posts. I was an 'Alley Cat' for awhile and just changed to 'Puppy' when I hit 200 posts today. You'll notice that our Moderator, Saysusie, is at the top of the heap with 'Emperor of the Solar System'.

I may be wrong on this, so someone feel free to jump in and correct me if so.

Anyway, I'm glad you shared with us. Looking forward to your future posts....

Fondly,

Lori

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Hi Angel, Thanks for warm welcome. I have one question - why is your name followed by the words Senior member - Rabid Pit Bull? Mine has junior member and then this:Beloved AdminNewbie AlertModeratorMember Booted - Has this username been used before?
    I think that alertmoderator all run together heading is a glitch. Hopefully it will be fixed in a day or two.

Welcome to our group Chas.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 02-16-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks

Okay fierce poodle!!! Glad to know you did not choose that name. I am now guessing quick reply does not insert your post into relevant conversation but adds it to the end. Thank you all for warm welcome. I am a believer Rob - it is the only way to be sure.
    Last edited by chas; 02-16-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Chas,

no kidding. I will be glad when I move past this name. Also, I am called a senior member. I am 56 years old, so this may be referencing my age. I have been a member for only 2 months, but I guess it could be referring to my time on the forum. It is nice to find some fun somewhere.