Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: insomnia

Thanks

Default insomnia

The Insomnia Monster got a hold of me last night. Worked my 10 hour shift yesterday. All I could think about was when I got home I was going to take a shower eat taking medicine (sleeping pill included) and go to bed. NOT!!! Went to bed at 9:30. I laid in bed for 2 hours. Finally said srew it and got up. I was still WIDE awake at 3:30 this morning. I finally dozed off. Alarm went off at 5:45. Crap!!!! It's now 3:40 in the afternoon and I am so tired. Still at work and I want to cry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi there!

im with you on this one, its sooo annoying i know :x
    i find i cant sleep when im over tired which isnt good for the body either hang on in there x
    **The next £ or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•☆.。.•*✿♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•☆.。 .•*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh i so understand your sleep problems. I have severe insomnia and even with the sleeping pills when your not gonna sleep your not gonna sleep whoopy lol.
    At one point i thought i could get a night job lol but i am too tired to sit upright so forget it lol.
    Lets hope one day.....we get some sleep soon and for a long time.

Love and gentle hugs
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

angel

thats just it tho dont you think?
    suddeenly ure sleep is all over the show for few days then unexpectasntly u sleep for agessss lol silly sleep x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i agree. Last year 2007 i think i was awake for most of it. But now since my jaw n teeth problems i am drugged up so much i can be in bed eyes shut tightly too drugged up to move.....yet my ears are awake....i hear everything yet i just can not sleep. Yet today....i slept about 2 hours....woke up had breakfast then slept properly during the morning for 4 lovely hours dreaming of filmstars who loved me lol Then i woke up hehehehe.
    My doctor asked me for a sleep diary.....i was awke most of the time....then when i stopped the diary i began to sleep for a few days, then i thought yipeeeeeeeeee im cured.....then it starts again.So its official i dont think anymore....if i sleep i sleep if i dont i get mad lol end of.

Love
    Insomniac.xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I have insomnia on a regular basis. It's incredibly frustrating. I was up most of last night, and it will catch up with me this afternoon. I guess I should be thankful that I have no work or commitments, and when I finally crash, I can just go to bed rather than having to push through the rest of a work day. It got me thinking about all my years in the Army. I used to be a crewman on a Abrams tank, I was the driver. I used to be able to fall asleep in the drivers seat while we were parked on the practice range, and sleep right through the main cannon and machineguns firing, it didn't even phase me. Of course, we were always exhausted so it was easy to fall asleep most anywhere. I wish I could still be carefree and totally able to just sleep that well anytime. Oh well, such is life. I've tried meds like Ambien, but they didn't work very well. Made me feel loopy, but not sleepy. Bummer.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

more than normal Rob? lol

im too scared to take sleepin pills :lol:

i was so close to putting myself into a coma aug 2007 i dearnt do anything like tht again x

Thanks

Default Re: hi

Angel,
    It is so good to see you back and with a bit of humor added in! I know I have missed you over the past few drugged up weeks! I hope you are finally starting to get some relief and can join us even more! Hang in there and just keep resting, posting and making us smile when you feel up to it!

Danica

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver
    Yes i agree. Last year 2007 i think i was awake for most of it. But now since my jaw n teeth problems i am drugged up so much i can be in bed eyes shut tightly too drugged up to move.....yet my ears are awake....i hear everything yet i just can not sleep. Yet today....i slept about 2 hours....woke up had breakfast then slept properly during the morning for 4 lovely hours dreaming of filmstars who loved me lol Then i woke up hehehehe.
    My doctor asked me for a sleep diary.....i was awke most of the time....then when i stopped the diary i began to sleep for a few days, then i thought yipeeeeeeeeee im cured.....then it starts again.So its official i dont think anymore....if i sleep i sleep if i dont i get mad lol end of.

Love
    Insomniac.xxx
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

That sounds so difficult! Please try and get some more rest

I am not sure how relevant this would be since I do not have insomnia, but I take adderall to help with the fatigue and to give me energy during the day, but I need to take something at night so that I can sleep or else, b/c of the adderall, I would be up all night. I take 1mg of ativan, and it does the trick, and it works quickly and well. Maybe ask your MD about ativan? But once again, I don't know if insomnia is ever treated with benzos and if ativan is less potent that what you are already taking. It's an idea, though. =)

I hope you are doing better with sleep!

Thanks

Default I agree it stinks

Her I am up again tonight. Took Zyprexz 20mg ambien, and clonazapam 1mg. and I am still up at 1:50 and cannot sleep. It will hit me this afternoon and today is my son's birthday so I have to ignore the sluggigness that will eventually hit me. This is the 2nd night in a row. It makes you angry sometimes when your up all night. Don't know what I am angry about but I know it hits me hard sometimes.
    Cindy