Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like a marauder...

Thanks

Default I feel like a marauder...

Because I posted before my introduction! I lurked, and then I could not keep my mouth shut, so I had to register and post! I guess I'll have to stay!!!

So I am going to Pitt for nursing, I've been sick for five years. I'm probably one of the younger members, but I truly hope you guys won't notice my age unless I bring it up!

I'm not very good at this introduction thing... I'm into horses (used to ride A LOT), music and learning violin hopefully, going with my neighbor to fly his helicopter, and cars!
    - Evelyn

Newly diagnosed, but sick for five years!
    Gastrocrom, Topamax, Ibuprofen, Zyrtec, starting Plaquenil

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hello Volte

First, welcome to our family. It is quite alright that you posted prior to your introduction. We don't stand on too many formalities here.
    Age is not an issue with us either. We are here to help and to be helped! So, you are most welcome here. If you are a teen, there is a forum here just for teens. Perhaps you might want to pop over there to meet others who are in your age group. You can always participate in any of the forums here.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi volte,
    welcome to the forum. I would not be here if they held us to tight posting formalities. thanks goodness for patience....or I would be in trouble.
    I have read posts from so many very young people. It just breaks my heart to see so many people who are in their "prime of life" to be struggling with this disease. I am 56 and one of the oldest....so welcome whatever you age.

share a smile today,
    phyllis

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Volte,

Don't worry about the formalities here, we don't get overly wrapped up in such things. I'm Rob, I'm 41 and was diagnosed withSLE five years ago. You're learning to play violin-very cool. Sounds like we have some common interests. I was a pilot, used to fly both fixed wing and helicopters. I tinker with R/C model aircraft now. Welcome to our group! Make yourself at home.

Rob

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Rob, that's awesome about flying. My neighbor had a plane, but he flies and is even licensed to fly ex-presidents so he sold his plane and got a helicopter. He's not flying the helicopter now because he took it completely apart to rebuild it. He wanted to be 100% sure everything was perfect. I love flying- and I think it would be awesome to go skydiving one day, but considering I broke my leg in physical therapy I doubt impact from skydiving would be great for me!

And I forgot... my name is Evelyn!
    - Evelyn

Thanks

Smile Welcome from Rastagirl

Hi Evelyn....

Just wanted to add my welcome to the bunch. Glad you didn't just 'lurk', but decided to join us.

I'm guessing many of us started on this forum that way. You kind of peek in and get a feel for things. When you do that here, you notice lots of encouragement and support going 'round. Makes it easy to feel at home.

I've had Lupus since my teens, battling it for 27 years. I have been blessed with a remission for now. I'll take it as long as it lasts.

Glad you joined us.........

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Hi Evelyn,

Welcome to the board. This is a warm and friendly site. Nice place to settle in and ask some questions and share information....and have a few laughs.

I'm a 49 yr old female in canadan. I'm not diagnosed as yet, but I'm dealing with many of the symptoms and lupus runs rampid through my family. These folks are gracous enough to welcome me in and they have been a great sourse of comfort and support.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hey just to say welcome and so glad you joined us. Im scared of heights so you wont find me jumping out of planes cause ive just got over getting on a plane, well a few years ago anyway.I do like it a bit more now.Hope one day you get to do it though...jumping out of one i mean. Horses...i love all animals.Can you ride one? Ive never tried. I like music though.Can play a tune on a violin,ukelayle,piano,flute...but never got the hang of reading music though.I sing on the karaoke and it makes my dog howl.....so you can guess how bad i am lol But to me i can sing, thats what matters.Id never do it in public though lol i think id burst a few eardrums hehhehehehe I am 39 and have M.E/Raynauds/Insomnia/Asthma and so on. Glad you joined us cause you'll get answers to most of your questions here and everyone are lovely.

You keep in touch.h n put a good word in for me with the helicopter driver lol

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

I guess I'm probably not a typical Lupus patient- I also have Mast Cell Activation Disorder which is a subclass of mastocytosis. An orphan disease, because it is SO RARE. I hit the jackpot.

Yes, before I got sick I actively rode and was pretty competitive. I joke that I go for pony rides now- compared to what I used to do! And that's when I ride at all anymore! Its hard for me to ride now because I feel like I am a shadow of what I was once, and I don't like letting my instructor down. This summer I am going to go on trail rides with my friend on her cowpony so that there are no expectations. Just going for a gallop! Riding a horse for me is sometimes worth not getting out of bed for two days. Its a passion, it doesn't go away, you just get used to not riding and it becomes the new norm. Riding is doubly hard for me- not just the threat of pain, but I can go into anaphylactic shock from the heat and exercise. Oy!
    - Evelyn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh that trail riding sounds fab.I know it must be so hard for you, but just take your time and try and enjoy what you CAN do. Wish i could ride a horse.They are so tall....the height thing with me scares me and cause ive not been brought up with horses i dont know what to expect.But wow i think id like to do it some day.I got over the fear of flying so who knows. Are horses like dogs.You know...erm....i know they carnt fetch like a dog but you know ....do they understand what you say to them? lol

Angel.xxx