Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Thanks

Default Hello everyone

Hi, my name is Tammy and I had a few questions. I have been suffering with lupus and fibromyalgia for about a year now. Today my doctor put me on Lyrica for the fibromyalgia. Does anyone know anything about the Lyrica? I have been in extreme pain and have been taking ibuprofen like it is candy. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!! :? [/b]

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi and welcome to this lovely site.

Now remember, everybody can react to the same drug differently. I have been on lyrica for a month. I know its not a long time, but i have other stuff going on and yesterday i decided ''for me'' it did not make any difference. I have a jaw problem too you see and have had severe tooth pain too....so i think the jaw problem is that bad.....i think only a dose of morphine can help that. I did notice bad headaches on it, so this is another reason i stopped it.
    I say give it a go. I have problems with allot of meds anyway, so you may be different to me so dont let me frighten you....everybody is different.
    I know allot of people here are on this drug and i think for a lot of people it does work.
    Just wait and see what other people say about the drug. They will be here before you know it and post a reply for you.Dont worry, take it and see.Who knows, you might actually be surprised and feel less pain. I really hope so.
    Let me know how you get on with it.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Default Re: hi

Thanks Angel for your reply. I have been able to tolerate medicines pretty much. My doctor said i would probably feel drowsy, so for me to take it at bedtime. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your tooth pain. You mentioned you had other things wrong with you as well. I do to. I could probably write a book. I'm only 43 and feel like I'm 90. Well feel free to chat anytime. We can compare ailments :lol: . Well talk to you later, take care and God Bless Tammy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Tammy,

Its so nice to read you are good with meds.Give this a go cause it is a good drug from what i read. I did feel a little with it though, so i hope i dont put you off it.Bet you come back soon doing back flips cause it has worked for you.Ok not back flips i do exagerate lol....a faster walk than normal

I have recently found out my Lupus is actually M.E.Its a long story, but i'll tell you one day I have Raynauds/Asthma/Insomnia/IBS/Areflux.

My jaw thing started Christmas eve so missed the whole of christmas and stayed in hospital from new years day for 5 days. I had lock jaw 3 times and broke some teeth, lost a tooth and unfortunately, still going through it.Isnt it funny when you can eat you dont and when you carnt eat you so hungry. Im a master of sucking food.I get a bit arogant sometimes like tonight, i tried to eat crisps....and couldnt chew....i sucked each individual one....there was no escape for them once i tasted em

You will find some lovely people here.Many will know much more than me. Just wait and see the lovely responses you get. Oh im 39 and in the UK. Where are you? Its 1.45am and im so tired but the insomnia is kicking in. Tell me more about you if you are still online.I do go on a bit lol If not i'll reply tmrw as i may try and lie down soon.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Hello Tammylynn...

Welcome, glad you joined. You've found the right place to ask your questions. I don't have experience with Lyrica, but I'm certain there will be others along soon to share with you. I know there are quite a few members on here with Fibromyalgia. You might also do a search on it. Just click on 'Search' at the top of the page and enter 'Lyrica', and you'll get prior posts on the subject.

So sorry you've been suffering with pain. I hope the new medication will help you with it.

Sending you gentle hugs for your painful days...

Fondly,

Lori :P

Thanks

Smile HI Lori

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have seen alot of posts and evryone really seems nice and caring. Angel Oliver may me feel very welcome as well. I hope I get some more responses about Lyrica and thanks for the tip. Talk to you soon, Tammy

Thanks

Tammy,
    Hi, I am new to this Board too, just joined today actually. I have SLE, but not fibromyalgia. I do know someone that does have it though, my husband's grandmother. She started taking Lyrica and she is ecstatic about the results! she says her pain is almost completely gone and swears by it. So I hope that helps you some. Sometimes it takes a little while for the meds to work. Hang in there, your not alone!!! Talk to you soon.

Thanks

Hi Angel, You seem like a very sweet girl. I say girl because I like to think that 39 Is still young I am from Tennessee. I love it here. Yeah I can relate to some of your problems. I have Raynauds/IBS/Fibromyalgia/Degenerative Disc DZ of the lumbar and vertical spine. Also, I have Gerd/Osteopenia/Osteoarthritis/I have to get injections in both my hips every few months because I can barely walk sometimes. I hope you don't think I'm dumb when I ask what M E is. I have heard of M S. Well I hope eventually you will be able to eat good again. I had a time once where I thought my jaw was trying to lock up on me but it finally relaxed. Well I guess I can go for now. When you have time tell me about your long story ok. Take care and talk to you soon Tammylynn

Thanks

Hi Jenn thanks for the welcome. That makes me feel alot better. I have only been taking Lyrica for 3 days now. But I can already tell some improvement. I am able to sleep through the night without waking up to pain. The only thing is I have to increase to 100mg next week then 150mg week after that until I'm taking 300mg. So I just hope that i can tolerate it. Well feel free to write me anytime and ask any questions you would like, Take care and God Bless, Tammylynn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi tammylynn and welcome to the forum.

I too have fibromyalgis (fms). I tried Lyrica several years ago, and did not do well on it. But, I too have trouble with medications (I am even allergic to anti-inflammatories). I am glad that you are getting positive feedback about the med, because I have heard that it works well on most people.

best of luck to you and welcome.

share a smile today