Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cymbalta

Thanks

Default Cymbalta

Has anyone taken or is taking Cymbalta :?: The doctor just put me on it today. For a week I am to take 30mg in the morning and then increase to 60mg after that. She wanted to put me on Plaquenil but I had a horrible skin reaction to it so that is out of the question............it sure did help the joint pain She took me off of flexiril and amitriptyline. So, in the morning I am taking theophylline for my asthma, lisinopril for BP, folic acid, cymbalta and celebrex. At night I am on lyrica, tramidol, lybrel, folic acid and bactrim. Every Monday I take .6cc of methotrexate, it used to be .7cc but she dropped it a bit Just wonder if anyone has any advice on all of it
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I also wanted to let you all no that cymbalta was originally used for depression. They have found that these drugs also affect two parts of the brain......these two parts of the brain are how we receive and process pain. It actually helps to dull the nerve endings so that the pain is less and we are able to be more comfortable. The doctor said it could take up to three weeks for it to start working with the neuropathy. I will keep you updated on how it works for me! By the way my doctor said that someone with our disease should keep a symptom journal that includes our symptoms and even our reactions to medications. I have my little pad of paper right next to me in bed so I can record good days and the bad days so we can see if there is a pattern anywhere! Hey, it is worth a try isn't it :?:

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes it is. I know that more & more doctors are trying to move away from muscle relaxers to treat Fibromyalgia. I've heard good things about Cymbalta, but have not used it myself. I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I will keep you updated Do you know why they are moving away from muscle relaxers?????

Thanks

Unhappy

I am feeling sooooooo sick on this medicine! I feel like I live in a constant state of nausea. It comes in waves, I figure that is because it is extended release. Tim is only home for a few days until he leaves for quite a while and I hate feeling like this with him home. I feel like I am slipping into a state of yucky sadness. I just don't know what to do. I know I can't stop taking it or it will never have a chance to work......

Thanks

At least she took you off amitriptyline, but Cymbalta and Ultram (tramadol) are contraindicated. There is a new black box warning on Cymbalta about this, so you may just want to pay extra attention for any side effects. You can do this, but you just have to be very aware as you titrate up with the Cymbalta. Ask me how I know. That was a fun birthday- let me tell you.

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/20...alta-label.htm

Thanks

I can only imagine! I actually called my doctor today because it is just too much. I can not do this for another 3 weeks. This is just not going to be the one for me. I am still feeling sooo sick but Rastagirl has really held my hand through this one. Are you still on it?????

Thanks

I had severe serotonin syndrome. I had seizures on it (Cymbalta, Elavil, Tramadol). I was hospitalized and kept unconscious while they flushed the medication from my system with high doses of Valium and Benadryl.

I don't doubt the value of Cymbalta for pain management in cases of Lupus, Fibro, nerve pain conditions, etc... but, the amounts of doctors doing off label and contraindicated prescribing makes me nervous!

Thanks

Thank you so much for that article. I am not taking it anymore. Period. I was taking Tramadol every night, 2 of them and was getting ready for tonight's dose when I was stopped and will not take it again until the cymbalta is out of my system. I was never even warned about this. My pharmacy is great with things like this but these were samples and my pharmacy did not know. From now on I will not take samples from my doctor to save money that way there is a bit of checking from another end of things. Thank you so much. I do not think this is what I was going through but I would have continued on it and even increased my dose after Tim had left for work and I would have been alone. Tim and I always work as a team when it comes to my meds. Any time a new one is introduced he watches for changes that may not be normal. This was not normal and was miserable. I am so happy you are ok and I will be too!

Thanks

I am REALLY glad you are okay! The reason I am alive today is because some kind soul butt in on the internet and told me my med combination was unsafe! I just want to promote awareness as some doctors don't even know of this black box warning on Cymbalta and continue to prescribe two, three, FOUR contraindicated medications to patients!