Thread: my daily question

Thanks

Default my daily question

Okay I am starting something new for myself today. This board and the questions and answer have really helped me in the last couple of days so i have decide that to help me stay sane lol that i will ask a question daily that way i do not through so much out there at one that needs to try to be answerd.

Okay first off i need to vent, if i may ..... my last doctors app with my pcp was Jan. 13th at that time i was told that i would be getting a referrall to a Rhemy well as of now i have not recivied a phone i have called the doctors off i know about 10 times trying to find out what is going and all that the lady can tell me is that she has other patenit that need to see a rhemy also and that she cannot find one that accepts the insurance that i am on...so i took it upon myself to get the phone book and call around myself and sure enough there is not ine here that will accept my insurance and it is really stressing me out...it is draining my body i am so fatigue right now it is scray but hey i guess it is better then not being sleepy or not being able to go to sleep lol i deal with that at least 3 nights a week.....Well i have vented now so i feel a little better but het not painwise or sleepy i am still in pain and very much tired....

*************** Daily Question*******************************

I seem to have problems with bowel movements, what I would like to know is... is that something that can be contributed to the Lupus or possible something else going on?
    I mean sometimes i do not use the restroom for a week or more and my belly gets so big that people are always me when i am due.... or when it goes back down some i hear weren't u pregant tha other day? lol it is just something that i have learned to deal with .
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus can cause inflammation anywhere in the body. Some patients with lupus suffer from abdominal bloating, cramping abdominal pain, or a change in their bowel movements. Rarely these may be due to inflammation in the small blood vessels associated with lupus (vasculitis), but more commonly these symptoms are due to spasm in the bowel ( this is called the Irritable Bowel Syndrome ); inflammation in the bowel (from either Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis ); intolerance to the gluten in the diet ( Celiac disease ); or due to a food intolerance such as milk. When you have these symptoms your doctor will probably want to examine you and perhaps do some x-rays.
    A blood test can be done to determine whether you have Celiac disease. You may need an x-ray of the small bowel or large bowel, or you may need an endoscopic procedure of the large bowel, call a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy. These are very much like the endoscopy, only you don't swallow the tube-instead it is passed through the anus and into the rectum along the bowel, after you have taken enemas the day before to clear the intestine.
    So, bowel problems is not uncommon amongst lupus sufferers. I would suggest that you speak to your doctor about your issues to find out exactly what is going on.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Parisse28,

Have you called your insurance company and tell them your situation? I wonder if there are provisions that can be made when having this trouble finding a health care provider in your plan

just a thought, best of luck,

Thanks

Well no i have not called my insurance company i did not think about that but i don't think it is the insurance company it is the doctors offices here they just will not take my insurance so i am going to use my husbands insurance i was trying to be cheap and use my own because i do not have a co pay but hell this doctors visit is important and i will pay the co pay he has......

Well i did not hve time for my daily question today....I have been having one of those days where all i wanna do is sleep and my stomach has been giving me some problems....

just thought that why i have a little strength and am up for a minute that i would check in ......

and thanks to the ones that responed to the daly question from yesterday

STAY STRONG AND CONSISTENT ( i think that is how u spell it lol)
    28 yrs old Tired of Useless non understaning doctors........ at this moment diagonse unknown

Thanks

you should try midol its a mild laxative for women i have found that works its probably your meds they can really back you up good luck
    Lupus is not my problem, I gave it to God.
    Age 26
    medications: Atacand,Cellcept,Nifedical,prednisone, minocycline, Ammonium lactate cream

Thanks

Wink

Hi parisse,

Depending on the type of stomack problems you're having. If you need to get things moving I find a Big Mac does the trick.

Or if it's the other way, you need to get things STOPPED. I use immodium. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrom) and I use immodium to help me get through a rough day.

I don't take any other medications for the IBS.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i think Imodium is a good one too. Im always full of crap....lol.....in a nice way of course...well actually there is no nice way...but anyway i have IBS too and i am on Copermill.They are pepermint oil capsules.They dont work all the time...but do help.

Thanks

Don't have a answer to your potty problem but you should look up your providers online. Most insurance companies have websites with their doctors listed online. Find a rheumy that is in your group and have the PCP refer you to him.

Thanks

I work for a company where we have the same problems finding doctors for our patients because the doctors won't take the current insurance. You did exactly right. The first thing is to call all the local doctors and find one that takes your insurance. Second if you come up nowhere-ask the doctor offices if they would consider becoming a provider so that they will take your insurance. If you still get nowhere you should call your insurance plan let then know the issue and see if they can help you find one nearest you. Sometimes they will also end up talking a local doctor into becoming a provider because there is not one in the area.
    The bowel problems can be distressing. My doctor recommended and insisted that I use Activia yogurt everyday. I have been on it now for 3 weeks and everything that was not regular is now. When I have a flare of some sort I will use immodium or colace depending on the issue. Hope it helps.
    Ladyrn
    "I will not let this disease define who I am"
    Dx-Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome,antiphosolipid antibiody syndrome, hashimoto's and fibromyalgia and insomina.
    Meds-Plaquniel, Methotrexate, Vit D, Flax seed, asprin, lipitor,armour,premarin,celebrex,folic acid,ambien,hydrocodone,skelaxin,colace,imodium,pr ilosec,antibiotics, and new ones added daily