Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all the newbies

Thanks

Default Welcome to all the newbies

Hi ya'll
    Welcome to the Lupus forums. It is our little home on the web.

Kasey

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lol its seems as if we all got the same thing in mind this afternoon

WeLcOmE aLl NeW mEmBeRs

:BIG: :drinking: :eggface: :n00b:
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

hehe I was just thinking that I have missed a few new members due to lack of internet...

and then I see this thread...

SO YEH WELCOME EVERYONE NEW
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy that others of you are here to make sure that members are welcomed. I know that I miss some newbies here and there and I feel badly about that :x Thank you for always making sure that our members, new or old, are always welcomed and taken care of!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Adding my 'WELCOME NEWBIES' to the bunch.....

We're very glad you're here!!

(I remember how good it felt when I first joined up and so many people welcomed me.)

There's always an open door here....the welcome mat is out....and we want you to make yourselves at home.

Feel free to ask questions....share your story.....vent or cry....or ask for a shoulder to lean on. No one need to go through this alone!

And for Saysusie...I do notice when you're gone for awhile and know that you have your difficult times just like us, when you need your down time....so never worry.....I'm a West Coast gal too, and because I'm a night owl, that usually means I'm one of the last ones on here for the day. I'll do my best to pop in here every evening and make sure no newbies slip through the cracks.

Fondly,

Lori :P

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Yes indeed,

Welcome to all of our new members. In the year that I've been here, I have never seen the site as active as it is right now. It's a great thing to see. I've always said that the members are what makes this place as outstanding as it is, and judging by our newest members, I stand by what I've said. So many good people with so much to offer. So, all you new folks, don't be shy. Jump into the conversation and enjoy!

Rob

Thanks

I just wanted to say HI to all the "newbies"!!!!

I havnt been on in a few days so i missed a bunch of ya!!

I havnt been here long myself but it is so nice and welcoming here!

You'll love it! :B-fly:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

add me to the list of those welcoming the new members. Being able to share time with you all makes staying in bed a lot easier. thanks to all, and I look to continued support, and many laughs.

share a smile today,
    phyllis

Thanks

Default I'm new

I'm new to this support group but not to SLE......It'll be 3 years in June since I've been diagnosed. For the first 2 years I've had alot of anger, depression, grief u name it....now I've just enrolled in college (been there for almost 3 months) to become a Certified Medical Assistant and all those feelings are startin to slowly come back. If I'm having a flare up and my Lupus prevents me from participating at school then I would literally leave class and cry in the bathroom. I was close to 2 times to just dropping the course. I've been just so hostile to my family and friends for a while and I think it's starting to take a toll on them. My doctor gave me some sleep-aid pills and now he just gave me some anti-anxiety pills and he said do not take the sleep-aid anymore. It's come to the point where I'm so rude to everyone around me that I'm incompliant to the doctors orders and take both and hoping maybe my attitude will change around others. Someone please help because I am tired of blowing up at everyone about the smallest things.

Thanks

Welcome Lovely85....

I just wanted to say hello. I'm Lori and I've had Lupus since my teens, for 27 years. My heart is aching for you. :cry:

I'm so sorry your going throug this. Dealing with Lupus and all the comes with it is so very difficult. For all of us. There is only so much one person can take and sometimes you just reach your limit. You feel like you cannot take another thing. This is an illness that can make you feel very alone so much of the time. It's hard to get anyone to understand what you're going through. It is completely normal to get very angry, depressed and sometimes just outright mean to others. The emotional pain pours out. We can't help it. But you've come to the right place! Every single one of us here understands what you're going through. And we want to help you through this. You've made a step in the right direction.....joining this forum. There are plenty of people here to encourage you and allow you to share your feelings in a safe place. We do not judge here. Only listen and support.

Sometimes, with depression, you can get in a cycle that you can't seem to break out of. Have you tried taking the anti-anxiety pills that the doctor prescribed? There are quite a few of us here that take anti-anxiety or anti-depression meds, sometimes in very mild doses, and they can be very helpful. And there are different options for medications if this one doesn't work. If you try them and they are not working for you, then at least you can tell your doctor that you tried, and ask him if you can try something else.

Keeping up with a college schedule when you're dealing with Lupus can be an enormous load. Have you tried talking to the college administration disability advocate? I'm not sure what their exact title is, but I've heard others mention that every college has one. There may be some special services available to you to help you get through this.

I'm glad that you are reaching out and sharing all your frustrations. Please know that we care and want to help you, even if that means just lending an ear to listen when you need it.

Please let us know how we can help....

I'm sending gentle hugs to you because I care.

Fondly,

Lori :P