Thread: Hello Everyone

Thanks

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Debbie, I am 38 years old and I just found out in Feb that I have Lupus. I am trying to get regulated on my meds but I am having alot of problems. The doc gave me a steroid shot and I had a really bad reaction to it for 3 days. He has tryed me on celebrex, bextra, mobic and now I am on Relafen, Plaquenil, Maxzide, and Darvocet for pain. He also gave me Soma which is a muscle relaxer but it gives me headaches.
    Also about 6 years ago my husband was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondilitis, which is also an autoimmune disease. He really tries to be supportive but he lives in pain everyday just like me. I just don't know what to expect from the Lupus. Also I don't know what to expect from the medication, is it suppose to make me really feel better( because I don't) or is it suppose to help slow the process down? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Debbie

Thanks

Welcome! I am 36 years old. I'm not one to answer med questions. So far I am getting by on 2 200mg celebrex a day, davocet when needed, and an occasional round of prednisone.

Someone else will check in to help with your med questions.

Hang in there!

Again Welcome,

Dency

Thanks

Default re: hello everyone

hi debbie,
    so glad your here. i'm on 9 diffrent med's so i know what its like to be lost in all the pills. my doc said it's not going to get rid of all the pain but it will help me get by untill my lupus calms down again (wish he could tell me when that would be!). hate to hear that you husband has pain also but really happy to hear that you are not alone in this. i think you will find some good support here. hang in there--good days are coming.

best,
    melinda 8)

Thanks

Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to reply to you about the steriod shot. I get them from time to time and the doctor warned me that the first 48 or so may result in the pain being worse, particually around the area where the shot has been done. After the last one I had I was in bed for 5 days in agony and swore I would never have another. But it does get better and then hopefully you should have some relief for a couple of weeks or so.
    I was on celebrex too, but taken off as the doc said it is quite mild as far as NSAIDs go, I was on plaquinel too and taken off as it didn't help me and I had a reaction to it. Like yourself my meds keep changing with every visit to the rheumy and I can relate that it is so frustrating I am now looking at alternative meds etc. Hang in there you will find some relief from something soon.
    Carly

Thanks

hia, i havent had a shot of steriod suggested, why not have a tablet instead? hi im klaire by the way
    *๑۩۞۩๑*(`)Eat half the cake=half the calories=eat twice as much!(`)*๑۩۞۩๑*