I get too tired, as all of us with lupus do, and my heart seems to beat oddly. It seems to flutter, skip a beat, or sometimes race. My GP quickly got me in to see a cardiologist when it first started happening. The cardiologist ran blood work, did an EKG, and a heart sonogram. I even wore a monitor for 24 hours. They came back and told me I had a very healthy heart and all looked good. I noted the times on the monitor that my heart acted like it does when something scares you, which nothing had, and the cardiologist told me my heart beat was constant at the times I noted. UGH! He offered for me to wear the monitor longer but I didn't see the point. Wearing that thing wasn't any fun.

My heart does this often when I am getting tired. That is one of the first signs for me that I need to slow down. Often if I rest for a while the sensation of odd beats will stop. However, it is scary and frustrating so was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they dealt with it or treated it.

Dency