Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My turn................

To see the Rhuemy today

Hiya everyone its me!
    Ive got an appointment to see my rhuemy today (aka kevvie baby),
    my appointment is at 4pm, i dont know why but im really nervous :?:
    pehaps because ive not seen him for a very long time since august 08! ive got a nice long list for him, and today im going to aske him about the following:-

1. I need a 6 month medical cert for ESA,
    2. As some of you know ive suffered with some rght old back pain so much so its reduced me to tears at times, i want to know why the lupus is attacking my back so much,
    3. The burning sensation in my shoulders and neck - is there a possible link to Fibro!
    4. My swollen knee,
    5. Why i experience a dry mouth as soon as i go to bed, but have dy eyes during the day,
    6. flashing lights/sparkly lights - from another post someone wrote,
    7. why do i get pins and needles in my hips?
    8. And finally pain in the arms at night, and the numbness in hands and finger tips....it wasnt til Danica wrote a thread about it i thought ah hang on i get that too,

So thats it peeps, im going to get ready now as i have to catch a bus shortly, i will let you all know whats what when i come home

Love
    Jane
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Good luck :!:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Goodluck and hope it goes well and you get the answers you need. I'll be thinking of you and sending you courage through the airwaves.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

good luck at the appointment, let us know how you make out.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well im backkkk

Took ages lol i had so many questions to ask him, so heres how it is,
    He has put me back onto predisalone im starting at 15mg, next he puts the methotrexate up 12.5mg which aint too bad just took the dose now, He sent me for a xray for my back there and then he said if its a slipped disc then the physio will sort it out for me (he has already ordered me some physio) if its not he will send me for a mri on my back to see if its a trapped nerve (which he thinks it is) then he will send me for an operation to get it sorted , He is also sending me for a skin biopsy, which is what i was sposed to have in the first place, dunno why the skin woman dint send me for one lol i forgot at the time to ask, he said my bloods are coming back well and my body is really coping well with the drugs, liver fine kidneys fine too he is a little concerned about the inflammatory levels tho and would expect the mtx to have sorted it by now, i did explain to him as from a child ive always coped better with double the normal doese,

So there we go, any questions peeps? ask away

Did i mention i had to strip? 2wice!! well yeah i did, if anyone else asks me to strip today im gonna have to decline sorry, theres only so many times i get dressed in one day
    xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi ISDM,

Oh sounds like he was thorough including getting you to strip twice lmao...bet he thought it was his lucky day Only kidding. OUCH a slipped disc no wonder it hurts you so much.Glad he's sorting you out. How long did he give you to answer your questions? I ask this cause when i saw mine i went in with a list and he said he doesnt read them at the appointment and would read them when he does his paperwork. Then i felt rushed so felt to bits and forgot everything. Is yours better with you?

Love Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angel,

Yeah i think he was trying to rush me lol but i waited til he finished his paper work, coz im nice like tht lol, got his attention then asked him the questions, i stayed til i got all the answers i wanted

x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi monkey lady,

so glad you got so much attention today. Sound like your dr. is trying to find solutions. Where is the back pain? If it is muscular, you might want to try the following: keep an electric heating pad beside your bed. In the morning, set your alarm for 20 minutes early. Lie on the heating pad and warm up the area. Then try very gentle stretch, and see if muscle will loosen up. I can also give you some specific stretching motions if I know where the pain is.

I certainly hope that this is nothing that requires surgery. Back surgery is so difficult to recover from. Let me know, and hang in there girl....you are the greatest.

share a smile today,
    phyllis

Thanks

I am so proud of you for making sure that all of your question were answered! Sometimes I think that doctors forget that they are there for us and to help us, not the other way around. Just think, if it wasn't for us......they would be out of a job!!!!! Maybe we should get a bonus!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iseedeadmonkeys
    Angel,

Yeah i think he was trying to rush me lol but i waited til he finished his paper work, coz im nice like tht lol, got his attention then asked him the questions, i stayed til i got all the answers i wanted

x
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Good luck with the back issues! Glad you got your questions answered that is awesome!

I have had two back surgeries, one at age 18 and one at age 31 (just a year and a half ago). I did well with both of them, I had herniated disks which were trapping the nerve the first time. the second time the same thing only this time scar tissue was making it worse. The doc said the surgeries were good for about 10 years, and he was right LOL. I started having the return pain when I was 29 but waited til 31 to have the second surgery because my son was not walking yet and I wanted to wait until he could walk. Plus I was finishing up nursing school.

Anywhoo it really is amazing how the pain goes away after surgery!

Good luck hon!!!!!!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia