Thread: pain and lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default pain and lupus

whenever i knock myself or even just a bump,i recieve a tremendous jolt of pain more than normal i suspect. My doctor said this could be because of my meds i'm takin. Is it normal for lupus patients to experience such intense pain when getting hurt. If so is there anything i can do about it?
    please help?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

HI MORPHEUS!
    Because chronic pain is a common symptom of Lupus, that pain can be exacerbated by minor injuries. Also, if you take stimulants (including coffee, tea, cigaretts), your pain will be intensified. Also, it is true that some medications can increase your susceptability to injury and pain. Also, you might find that you bruise easily!
    You might want to try some non pharmalogical pain managment in conjunction with your drug treatment, such as: Relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. These techniques have been found to decrease muscle tension and reduce stress. Participating in normal activities and exercising can also help control pain levels. Participate in beneficial exercises that are non-jarring. You will find that reducing stress, strengthening muscles, and staying fit has been linked to production of endorphins which are the body's natural pain killers.
    The best that we can do is to try to manage and control our pain, since it is going to be a part of our lives!!
    You Are Not Alone ops:
    I wish you the best
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Hi

I think it is also important in this illnes to recognise our clumsiness, I know I am not on my own when i bump into things and knock myself a lot more than I used to.
    I hurt if my hubby just touches me in bed. Pain is definately part of life.
    Val