Thread: coping and making it through the day

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default coping and making it through the day

Hi there everyone, really glad i have this support group, for the past few weeks i have been feeling much better due to the fact that i could interact with people with the same problems as me. I have also come to understand myself better. somewhere i have come across a quote, " The truth of someone is in what he hides". I do not want lupus to rule my life. therefore I have come to a single conclusion, I HAVE LUPUS. and it's okay. No one can discriminate against me because of it, Treat me any less or even dislike me because of it. after 10 years of suffering in silence it has been hell, well no more, i dont care who knows anymore. I don't even know why i kept it such a secret! Thanx to everyone for the support and practical advice.
    Bye for now

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Morpheus:
    I think that we tend to suffer in silence partly because we do not want people to treat us differently, to look at us with pity or to feel sorry for us!!
    We know that we are ill, but we do not want to be treated as if we were invalids or six months away from dropping dead!!!
    But, you are absolutely right about just letting the world know, "Hey..I have Lupus..this is what is does to me...this is how it makes me feel...Therefore, this is who I am - a person with an illness. I AM NOT AN ILLNESS!!
    Once we decide that we are still worthwile, productive, important, valuable and strong individuals, even with this illness, no one can stop us!!! Like you said, no one can discriminate against us, treat us like we are less-than. And, we will not stand idly by and let this illness or people's judgements rule us..we will rule this disease and we will take control of our lives!

So....GOOD FOR YOU! STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.
    We are here to stand by your side and help you to defend your right to be respected!!
    Best Of Luck
    Saysusie