Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Verdict is in......I Dont have Lupus.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Verdict is in......I Dont have Lupus.

Hi Everyone,

Well as you know i wrote to my Doctor as he said i have Lupus then said the blood work came back and said it 'must. be M.E. Well ive received the letter from him today and he confirms it's M.E. I am happy about this now, but now i have to back track and confirm this to everyone and start the fight with benefits all over again.

Is it still ok if i post here? I feel a bit of a fake now even though i have many of the same symptoms. Anyway.....the fight begins now

Love
    Angel.xx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Of course it's still OK for you to post here! There's nothing fake about you. My brain is totally socked in with fog. Tell me again, what M.E. stands for? I'm sorry, I know it but I cannot remember. I'm glad you don't have Lupus.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks and im foggy to cause i can not remember....erm something like Myalgic Enc......something...lol....chronic fatigue syndrome. I'll have to write it down as i never remember the name. Ive got bad toothache and face ache still so am typing to the throbs

Hope you are ok today. The snow is melting now here where i am but down south they've got it big time. The weather man says tonight i may have more.....so my boots are ready for me to crunch in the snow

Love
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Rob its called...Myalgic Encephalopathy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YOU best be staying here lady!!!

I like talking to you, and your not a fake...........far from that, my aunt has M.E our symptoms are very similar too, you stay and keep posting away

ISDM
    xx
    **The next £ or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫•*¨*•.ΈΈ❤ΈΈ.•*¨*•☆.。.•*✿♪♫•*¨*•.ΈΈ❤ΈΈ.•*¨*•☆.。 .•*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Ah thanks ISDM and i like chatting to you too

So how does your aunt cope with the M.E and the ignorance of people?

Love
    Angel.xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Myalgic Encephalopathy. I'll have to read up on that, as I'm not familiar with it. Is it an autoimmune disease Angel?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Rob,

I have big fog due to my throbbing face....lol....i carnt remember.Alls i know is i hurt and am tired and want to win the lotto to get my dream home and private doctors and a beach and a yatch.....lol. Ah to dream

Love
    Angel.xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

What is ME?

Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) is characterised by a range of neurological symptoms and signs, muscle pain with intense physical or mental exhaustion, relapses, and specific cognitive disabilities. Early reports dating from 1934 described epidemics of the illness (see Research Publications on ME epidemics for more information) — such as the 1955 outbreak at the Royal Free Hospital in London — but nowadays it is more common for endemic (sporadic) cases to be identified. ME is classified by the World Health Organisation as a neurological illness (International Classification of Disease 10: G93.3).

The cardinal symptoms of ME are profound, generalised post-exertional loss of muscle power (fatigability); muscle pain that may include tenderness and swelling; and neurological signs. Patients are also prone to relapses which may take the form of recurrences of the original systemic illness, or fresh episodes of muscle weakness, neurologic changes or well-defined cognitive problems. As with many chronic illnesses, fatigue may be present, but in ME patients the fatigue is post-exertional, often delayed, and quite unlike the ‘fatigue’ experienced by healthy people.

The cause of ME is still unknown, but there is unlikely to be one single causative agent. Several early epidemics appear to have been triggered off by an outbreak of an infection with enteric organisms or poliovirus which then subsided, and many patients report an infectious onset to their illness. However, in others, there may have been a variety of contributing factors — infectious, traumatic, environmental and endogenous — all of which can lead on to a condition which shares a set of common symptoms.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

There is no treatment or cure for M.E. and patients have to suffer with some of the most appalling symptoms, including extreme fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, muscle spasms, insomnia, sleep reversal anxiety, constant sore throats nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to sound, a light touch, taste and smell swallowing problems in the most severe cases, seizures and paralysis.

Hope this helps Rob i got it from the M.E site.

Love
    Angel.xx