Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encouraging sayings and quotes

Thanks

Default Encouraging sayings and quotes

:idea: I have found that I gravitate to some neat saying, quotes and words of encouragement. I would like to start this thread and have everyone share what there's is or even when you ahve a new one that you want to share. Right now mine is:
    "I will not let this disease define who I am"
    Please share some that you all have!!!!! 8)
    Ladyrn
    Dx-Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome,antiphosolipid antibiody syndrome, hashimoto's and fibromyalgia and insomina.
    Meds-Plaquniel, Methotrexate, Vit D, Flax seed, asprin, lipitor,armour,premarin,celebrex,folic acid,ambien,hydrocodone,skelaxin,colace,imodium,pr ilosec,antibiotics, and new ones added daily

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

The Lt. who was my tank platoon leader back in my Army days used to say-

"Whether life grinds you down, or sharpens you up, depends upon what you are made of"

My father, has quite a sense of humor, and is a pretty practical guy, and his favorite saying is-

"It's better to be a has-been, than a never-was"

Funny, but true.

Thanks

Default Rob

Rob you make me laugh when I read through some of your posts. I think your LT must be a great guy and your father also. I love how you sign your name: about going in to orbit and nuken lupus.
    Ladyrn
    Dx-Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome,antiphosolipid antibiody syndrome, hashimoto's and fibromyalgia and insomina.
    Meds-Plaquniel, Methotrexate, Vit D, Flax seed, asprin, lipitor,armour,premarin,celebrex,folic acid,ambien,hydrocodone,skelaxin,colace,imodium,pr ilosec,antibiotics, and new ones added daily

Thanks

It's actually a line from a movie, slightly modified by me. The movie is called Aliens, it's a classic Sci-fi flick from the 80's. It's a James Cameron film, the same director that made Titanic. The actor, Michael Biehn says the line, then the heroine, Sigourney Weaver repeats it, and voila, a sci-fi classic line is born!

My Lt was awesome. He was lead tank, I was left. There are 4 tanks in a platoon with 4 crewmen each. Anyway, he went on to become a Police Officer and has the record in his state for the most DUI arrests. A great guy.

Thanks

I just read a neat saying on a friends web site:

"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell your storm how big your God is."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Rob...Is that you???? I like your picture.

My favorite quote is the one that is in my signature line..."Look For The Good And Praise It!"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie
    Hey Rob...Is that you???? I like your picture.

My favorite quote is the one that is in my signature line..."Look For The Good And Praise It!"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Yep, that mugshot is yours truly!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I usually know lots but i carnt think of em just yet. I'll give you the one i said to my mam today....its a bit lame.....but here goes.....

''im gonna win the lotto next week''. Well ...it keeps me looking forward to something i suppose lol

Angel.xxx

Thanks

Default Great quotes

There are all great. One of my favorite for years has been "Do not follow wherer the path may lead--Go instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail" I have used it for my work mostly but today I thought that we could use it for our situations. Let's blaze the trail for lupus supporters!
    Ladyrn

Thanks

Default Poem

I read a poem tonight that I thought I would share because it made me feel so good!

Remember What is Most Important.......
    It's not having everything go right;
    it's facing whatever goes wrong.
    It's not being without fear;
    it's having the determination to go on in spite of it.
    It's not where you stand, but the direction you're going in.
    It's more than never having bad moments;
    it's knowing you are always bigger than the moment.
    It's believing you have already been given everything you need to handle life.
    It's not being able to rid the world of all its injustices;
    it's being able to rise above them.
    It's belief in your heart that there will always be more good than bad in the world.
    Remember to live just this one day and not add tomorrow's troubles to today's load.
    Remeber that every day ends and begins a new tomorrow full of exciting new things.
    Love what you do; do the best you can.

I hope you all enjoy it
    Ladyrn