Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Signature

Thanks

Default Rob's Signature

Rob....

I feel the need to comment on your well thought out signature lines. They are always so profound.

That last one you had...David Gilmour lines from the song 'No More Turning Away' were incredible. How perfect for this Forum, I thought.

But now you blow me away with one of my all time favorite quotes by Ripley from the movie 'Aliens'......and insert the word 'Lupus'.

"I say we take off, and nuke Lupus from orbit.
    It's the only way to be sure."

Oh...if only we could nuke Lupus away!!!

Thank you for making me smile yet again, Rob.

Most Fondly.....

Lori :P

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Lori,

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure out where that line came from. I'm a total Scifi fanatic, and so is Saysusie. Aliens is one of her favorite movies too, and she likes the "Get away from her you b--ch!" line. James Cameron is an amazing director. I just bought the "directors cut" of Aliens, and it has almost half an hour more of content. Tells more of the backstory of Ripley, and there's some cool combat robots in it.

I've been pondering different signatures using movie lines. I'm also a fan of Francis Ford Coppola, and was thinking about a Godfather sig. Something like "Leave the Lupus, take the Cannoli". Are you a Scifi fan Lori? Saysusie and I are really into Battlestar Galactica. Not the corny original series, but the extremely well done series on the Sci-Fi Channel. Edward James Olmos is really great in it. Any ideas for more movie sigs?

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob;
    I love the "Leave the Lupus, take the Cannoli" line!!!

I have been tempted to use this one, when Lupus has me down...

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events pal, but we just got our A@#!s Kicked!!"

Anyway..I love your signature lines also. They always give me a smile

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Yea...I also have the director's cut of "Aliens" which, I must say, makes it an even better movie! I'm glad to hear that you also have it!!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Rob....

Yes, I'm a big time Sci-Fi fan! 0X I remember reading a post awhile back about you and Saysusie being fans as well.

I am totally into The Lord of the Rings trilogy (When I was 20, I read all the books during the nine months I was in a hospital bed with a broken back) and I'took my son to see each one when they came out at the Theatre. I love all the Star Trek, Star Wars, Alien and Predator movies. My 16 year old son and I share that love (as well as my husband) and we have so much fun quoting great lines from the movies. I shared your sig line with my son and we laughed together. He can quote so many lines from movies it's amazing (better memory than me, of course), so he'll be thinking over the next few days of some good ones to share.

I never did get around to watching Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi. I'll have to look for reruns.

I laughed when I read your Godfather quote '...Leave the cannoli'. I was thinking it might work the other way around too.....'Leave the cannoli, take the Lupus' (and get rid of it!)

Hi Saysusie, I read your post here. If you read this thread, I've missed you around here and hope things are okay with you.

I'll share more later. I'm on the run today....I'm getting ready for an appraisal on my home tomorrow and I've got to go to Lowe's and pick up some custom blinds I ordered for my family room. But you can bet I'll be thinking of great movie quotes while I'm on the road.

Have a great day......

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I, too, am a huge "Lord Of The Rings" fan. I read all four books (starting with "The Hobbit") when I was in High School. Re-read them in college; re-read them prior to the movies and re-read them after the movies!

I am doing well. I've gotten bad news about a dear friend of mine and, just today, one of my mother's closest friends. This has thrown me a bit off kilter, but otherwise, I am doing as well as can be expected. Thank You so much for asking!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

OMG I just wanted to say that you guys are so cute,sweet,considerate,and supportive of each other!

I love Aliens too! One of the best movies of all time!

Its so nice to be a part of this forum! I cant say it enough!

Even if i have a flare i can jump online to the forum and leave with a smile!

Thanks for being here!

Thanks

Your welcome....Lucky7 "One is glad to be of service.." - to quote Robin Williams in Centennial Man.

It's nice to have a place to come where we don't have to feel so alone with this, but also come to grab a smile when we need one.

It's nice to have a few things that get our mind off of our aches and pains.

Saysusie.....So sorry to hear you are saddened today by news of a dear friend and your mother's closest friend. I'll pray for your saddened heart and for your mother. Hugs....

Fondly,

Thanks

Another Sci Fi'er here! Also a BG fan (battlestar galactica). My husband has so politely started saying frack around the house instead of the original dirty word that he used to say. Thankfully! but of coure my 3 year old still knows its a bad word LOL and doesn't say it!

Also my three year old LOVES and identifies the songs/words to Star Trek TNG, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise and Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. LOL!
    Amy
    Mommy to a cute little three year old.
    I am a Juvenile Diabetic diagnosed at age 12, Positive ANA, arthritic joint pain, extreme fatigue, cannot take prednisone and am allergic to Plaquenil. Undifferentiated connective tissue disorder, Graves disease and fibromyalgia

Thanks

LOL

My husband,dad and son are BIG Star Trek fans too!