Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't think clearly when i flare

Thanks

Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

I have told some of you before but when I am really dealing with the brain fog I will trip, run into walls and fall up the stairs and yes, I said UP the stairs Tim will watch and just wait for it and then we both have a good laugh :!: When I am really bad I will have a hard time with glass......yes, I run into glass doors :!: Oh,last week it was really bad and we were at the movies and I got up to go to the bathroom.......I ended up in the men's room!!!!!! That was an experience :lol: I don't know who was more humiliated......me or the men using the urinals ops: You are not alone
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love the urinal story! I, too, trip "Up" the stairs, walk into doors and forget what I am doing just seconds after I've decided to do it.
    But, my hubby and I had to laugh because he's done the urinal thing himself and he has no diseases. We were at a play and he walked into the ladies room while my sister was in there. He looked at her and asked her what she was doing in the men's room and she told him that he was in the ladies room. He had to go back and look at the door before he was convinced that HE was in the wrong restroom.
    So, when he likes to tease me about my forgetfulness and my klutziness, I remind him of the ladies room and that, even healthy people make mistakes! :lol:

So, don't feel bad. I bet each of those men in the restroom had a similar story that they could tell.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

LOL

I love the stories and now i dont feel so alone! My daughter gets a few laughs from the things i do or say almost daily! My husband and son just feel sorry for me and hug me! LOL

I also have to say that my big toe has been stubbed MORE than once and my face has met up with the next step a lttle too often gong UP the stairs!! LOL :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yesterday i had a cig in one hand, i was on the laptop and the phone rang. I put the cig to my ear and tried to smoke the phone lol Luckily i didnt burn myself but thought for a few seconds.....erm.....how do i answer the phone again....then i remembered lol

Angel.xxx

Thanks

I've got one to share that embarrased me while on vacation last summer.

My husband and I were at a resort in Jamaica and I was having a brain fog day, mostly just little things. I was off by myself shopping in the gift shop and headed back to my room. When I got there, the maid's cart was outside and the door was open so I walked right in.

I stood and had a brief conversation with the maid and she left and closed the door. When I went to the closet door, to put my hat away, nothing in the closet looked familiar. That's because they weren't my clothes! I was in someone else's room. :shock: I quickly ran out of the room, worrying the whole time that the people were going to 'catch' me. I wasn't sure how I was going to explain. ops:

When I got out of there, I stood for like 5 minutes trying to remember my room number. We had been there for 6 days already, so I knew the room number, but it just would not come to me. The building I was standing in didn't even look familiar. I felt like an idiot. Finally, I went to the front desk and asked them if they would call my husband in our room and ask him to meet me at the poolside bar. And that's how I found my way back to my room......I followed my husband.

We both had a good laugh over that one. :lol: My husband was afraid he was going to have to put a bell on me so he could track me down when my fog hit.

Thanks, everyone, I enjoyed your stories!

Lori :P

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Lol Lori....so funny. And the bell thing too lol

Angel.xx

Thanks

Angel, Im glad you didnt set yourself on fire!!!! Too funny!!!

Lori, i LOVE the BELL idea! How cute he even thought it! The thought is funny!

Gosh, icant tell all of you how i dont have that alone feeling when im on here or even when im off the site i just think of your stories and comments!

My husband is so understanding but he really cant "get it" cuz he doesnt live in my body.

Like Rob told me before, if i mess up my typing no biggy cuz you all know WHY.

I like it here

Thanks

Yah, I'm glad he didn't 'make' me wear it. :lol:

That would have been even more embarassing...the only one at the resort that had to wear a bell.

People would be going, "Did you see that lady that has to wear a bell?" "Oh yah, we 'heard' her wandering around last night in the dark, someone should tie her up before she forgets where she is and wanders into the Caribbean."

:lol: Lori

Thanks

OMG Lori! I just told my husband how much I Love You! You crack me up when i need it but you also make me feel better with gentle word when i need that!!!

Youre too dang CUTE!!!!!!!!

Just had to tell you that!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette