Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't think clearly when i flare

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi lucky7,

Rob did such a good job of explaining what happens to us. I have experienced all of it (except brushing teath with preparation h....at least not yet). I sometimes get lost and can't find my way home, I can't think of words that I have used all of my life, and I sometimes stare into space when people are talking to me.

and Rob.....oh what a perfect example of our fog. I even thought it was me, and that I just thought that I had already read your post.

thanks for my first smile of the day,
    phyllis

Thanks

Wow Rob, you really described a day in the life of me!

Never had the Perperation H experience and I think this is just due to the fact that a few years ago a friends mom brushed her teeth with Clearasil one day when we were all rushing to go somewhere! I have been really cautious since then!

I forget names. A LOT. Even people I have grown up with, my uncles, etc. I have taught my kids long ago that when meeting someone if I don't introduce right away it is because I have no clue what their name is and they can help me avoid embarassement and awkardness by jumping in and beginning the intro! This was long before I ever know about APS or possible lupus.

I get the days I can't drive and thankfully all my girls can now and I have a HS senior who just wants to drive everywhere,but thinking she is getting sick of it lately as it has been more common.

I hate when I go to do something and forget in like a second. Happens all the time. And the talking to someone and mid sentence totally losing your thoughts! Friends are getting used to this.

And the clumsiness! I live in NH near some great ski areas and want to learn, but friends refuse to take me! One says MAYBE if I am full gear like a motorcycle racer with a really good helmet!! It is a genuine fear I will be quite injured as I am just that clutzy.... Oh well least they think this is "cute" and still love me!
    Krissy in New Hampshire

DX: Antiphospholipid syndrome, Raynauds, Lyme disease, and lupus "suspect"

Thanks

LOL

I havent done the preparation h thing either! Hope i dont! But ya never know!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

how do you accept the brain fog. i can't remeber the days and my spelling is awful now double check everything. it has affect my work i do accounting and you can't forget to put invoice numbers or put in the wrong accounts in qb. i have talking and forget what i want to say. i was always a in charge person some would say anal. everything in abc order if raised first child like my mother in law said an army seargent. now with my last kid i don't care when he eats or sleeps don't have the time or energy to argue. this ruin my first marriage, he said there was nothing wrong with me, to get out of bed i was with him 20 years. i could tell you everyone birthday age birthstone everything about the people in my life and just the other day i forgot how old my son was.

Thanks

I think back a couple years ago and I remember running into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. I was telling her how my twin girls were now in college and loving it. She asked what year they graduated and I said it wrong 3 times and for the life of me, could not even remember, I was so stunned and embarassed!

Looking back, it all makes sense now!
    Krissy in New Hampshire

DX: Antiphospholipid syndrome, Raynauds, Lyme disease, and lupus "suspect"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi gina, thanks for posting again.

I don't have the answers for managing "brain fog", but I can tell you the few adjustments that I have made. I too was a multi-tasking mother, wife, student, employee, coach...etc..... then all of a sudden, I could not do it anymore. I can't change that fact, but I can figure a way to include into my life, because I know it will beat me if possible.

I have become a single-task person and don't mind telling people.
    When asked to do something, I tell them to remind me because I am sure to forget it.
    When overloaded, I go back to single-tasking, and I admit it to those involved.
    I also strategically use sticky notes for small lists.
    I use my dining room table to place things that I need to remember, but will probably forget if not in my face.

I have had to become honest with people. My daughters went with me to a few dr. appts, plus they explored around on this forum. Both were overwhelmed and both were educated. They now understand when I back out of doing things, and when I just don't feel like talking with anyone for a few days. These two things have really helped. I also understand that there is a forum for lupus families...my girls did not explore. As compassionate as they are, I know that they still don't really understand. The only way to really understand is to experience this stuff, and I would not wish that on anyone.

I give safety training presentations for several warehouses. I have had to tell the members of the groups about my situation, and we now make it a joke to see who can come up with the word or name that I am trying to say. Sad, but reality, and better yet, we laugh at it.

Find what works for you so that you can continue to live with this mess.

A word of experience from a mom of 2 daughters.....early teen years are absolutely a war period, so suit up and demand respect...you deserve it.

share a smile today,
    phyllis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for your advice my oldest is 24 middle is 17 and youngest is 11 so i know what you mean. none of them get whats going on and my marriage was ruin over it i needed support he wouldn't give it so i found someone who did. now husband getting remarried i guess it wasn't met to be. anyway its great to have people to talk to that understand what your going thru. my boss is great and the middle child is starting to understand it now she working as med. asst. so now its better. i think i going to try meds. again, my digestion system wasn't working right for about a year because of this and pills made me sick. but someone said to me to try them and they take a long to time to work so going to call the dr.