Thread: living with lupus

Thanks

Default living with lupus

I was diagnosed with lupus 18 years ago. I have had many flare ups. My last flare up has made me unable to work. I went through 5 months of chemo to get my kidneys working. I take handfuls of pills everyday to keep the lupus somewhat under control. Everyday my body reminds me that I have Lupus. It can be awful but I get up everyday no matter how I feel and I do my best to have good days and take care of myself. I make jokes about Lupus and I continue to help people understand lupus. I know that lupus won't go away so I have to make the best of it.

Thanks

Welcome hreyes

Glad you posted. Some one was asking on the board just the other day about chemo as a treatment for lupus.

That's not something I'm familier with. Hopefully they will see your post as I'm sure they have questions for you.

I'm not diagnosed yet, my mother had lupus and my sister is diagnosed. So far my blood work has been all over the place.

I do have a long list of lupus related symptoms. So far I am coping well with medications.

You have a very possitive attitude

This is a very friendly and supportive group of people. I'm sure the others will be along soon to welcome you.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Good! You figured out how to get registerd. Have you read though many of the posts yet? Love Summer
    "Dragonfly, carry and fullfill my deepest dreams" - Summer

Thanks

Default Chemo

I also have been taking chemo as one of the treatments. Right now the chemo slowly is increased every 2 months and then will taper off in the next year. My mother had Lupus and I have two sisters that have been tested but don't have Lupus yet. Everyday I am reminded of the fact I have Lupus. But everyday I try to remind myself that I will not let this disease bring me down.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Methotrexate is one of the chemo medications used for treating Lupus. Is that what you are taking? Also high-dose cyclophosphamide is a chemotherapy drug used in the treatment of Lupus. Doctors have found that using high doses of a chemotherapy drug for four days is more effective than lower doses over long periods of time. The idea is to blast the Lupus once, wipe out the abnormal immune system and allow the body to learn to function normally. So, the used of chemotherapy drugs in Lupus is not new, but the type of use depends upon the severity of the symptoms.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!