Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fatigue and Insomnia

Thanks

Default Insomnia

I am working on it-always. Thanks for all the awesome feedback.

Thanks

My pleasure. I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

Becka
    "Bleh" sums it up nicely, don't you think?

Thanks

Default Re: Fatigue and Insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyeggs
    Help friends! I have a double edged sword situation here! I can literally go days without sleeping at all(once it was 11 consecutive days!!!!!) I have tried Trazadone and Remeron and both cause a huge hangover. Any other options? I have kids, so the hangover is definetely a problem.

Secondly, lets say I do sleep.....then I cannot get up. It's almost worse that if I just stay awake.

Is there anyone out there who is taking or doing something for sleep deprivation AND fatigue? What are people doing for the endless fatigue? Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.
    I also go days, weeks and sometimes months without sleeping, I've tried everything and the only thing that sometimes works and breaks the no sleeping cycle is melatonin. :P

Thanks

Default just take lunesta

Lunesta is fabulous and no hang over just a bad taste in my mouth in the morning. Its great. Through the winter i used to stay up for 36 hours and then sleep for 4 until i got so sick and went to the hospital for 4 day with exhausten so see about that its great. good luck

Thanks

Default Neurontin for sleep

I had that problem, either no sleep or too much sleep. First, I had to come to accept that my body requires about 10-12 hours of sleep a night. It sounds extreme, but that is the amount required to let me have any semblence of normalcy the remaining hours.

Second, my psychologist, after trying many other things, doubled my Neurontin to 600mg in the morning and 600mg at night. It was like magic. When I have my Neurontin, I'm yawning and off to bed. When I don't, the Xanax, the Seroquel, the narcotic pain meds, nothing else clinches it for me. They make me sleepy, but only Neurontin turns off my brain and makes me sleep.

Just a thought. Keep in mind that everyone responds to different meds differently.

-SusanW

Thanks

I have to take something to help me sleep. Insomnia has always been a problem for me, even before Lupus. Now all the steroids exacerbate the problem. Like you, without meds it's like I'm in constant overdrive. Some of us are just more sensitive to certain side effects. I was worried that I was bi-polar until the doctor explained what steroids do.
    Xanax and Lexapro help me. Also helpful: Have a bedtime "routine" that you follow. For me, it's watching reruns of "Sex and the City" (my one guilty pleasure.) I take my medicine. Then I put on my sleep clothes (a long, long T-shirt is so comfy) Then I read whatever research for the book that I'm working on that I've printed off the computer, or gotten in the library. The bath doesn't work for me, as it tends to wake me up more than make me sleepy. I sip "Sleepy Time" tea until I nod off.
    I used to try alcohol but the hangovers were too hard for me. Also my doctor told me exactly how the liver is affected when we drink like that. No more for me!!!