Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie and confused

Thanks

By the way Lori you made me smile about my avatar! I love dogs!

Aluwa, i forgot to mention that when i last went in i asked if she could do specific blood work and she got offended telling me that she knows what she needs to do!

I left without the tests needless to say.

My husband says i need to find a new dr but i feel lost on where to go cuz of my experiences w so many others

Thanks

Lucky7..

You're welcome...You have to be your own advocate. Insist, or ensure you bring someone with you for support and their insistence at your next appointment. Insist on these test that are listed about this forum to be conducted....

Remember, you hired them for your care...through insurance premiums, coinsurance and copay...or through other benefits. Doesn't matter..your body, your tests...

Worry not about offending a doctor...if they offend easily, then seek out another until you find one who listens, who cares the way you need. Just look in the yellow pages, ask friends, ask your GYN, ask at the nearby hospital for a doctor, Rheumatologist. Call up your insurance and ask for a provider name...

Keep plucking, we know how you feel...many of us have been there. You just have to pick yourself up and have a go at it again. Prevention, early detection and treating any disease early is important...

Enjoy the night.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

well said that Oluwa
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Thank you, yes i still keep weeding out the bad,before i registered w your forum i printed out some info on some doctors at our university medical center. Im calling on monday! woo hoo! Im gonna keep on trying cuz i have to admit i get pretty scared when i cant breath and i can barely keep my eyes open etc.........

I do usually go to my appts. alone though,i do feel the need for backup sometimes,im just so used to taking care of things that need to be done on my own. lol Its called being a wife,mother,and caretaker to ill parents!

I will take your advice & talk to the hubby about him joining me!

Thanks so much,i havent felt so happy to talk to people about my issues before!

Gotta go, up early for sports activities for one of my babies!

Thanks

The hardest thing for me to overcome was the feeling that you shouldnít question your doctor. Now that seems like thatís all I do! Doctors have to balance keeping the insurance companies happy and making sure patients are taken care of. If a doctor isnít taking your symptoms seriously, then you have to find one that will and thatís no small feat. You may have to go through several. Don't feel bad for changing doctors. It is your health, not your doctors.

Thanks

Thanks, Lucky 7.....

I love dogs as well. I've got a 6 year old Golden Retriever named Cooper. He is the sweetest dog ever.

I know he thinks I'm his adopted 'Mom', whenever I sit down for even a second, he's right there, leaning against my legs and waiting for a doggy backrub.

Dogs are great cuz they're so non-judgemental, unlike some humans. Mine seems to know when I'm down or moving a little slowly that day....he'll lay his head on my lap and nuzzle my hand.

Enjoy your day, all............

Fondly,

Lori :P

Thanks

Hi Bama! Just jumped online while i had a few seconds to myself! lol Boy is it the truth about doctors!

I was in a waiting room once and a cute little old man next to me said "boy its like a revolving door around here isnt it?" SOOOO TRUE!

And you're right about questioning my dr. I didnt do it for the longest time until my symptoms got so bad it affected my whole family. I just took her word for it because i thought,well shes the dr.

Not anymore. I know my own body and its screaming somethings wrong and its only getting worse, which really frightens me.

Thanks for the advice, this site is really giving me some strength! i read your posts for a long time and i feel so good having registered now! Thanks! I dont feel so alone! lympic:

Thanks

Hi Lori! Just wanted to say I have a 8yr old golden and an 11yr old lab mix we saved from the pound when she was 3 months old!

Thats funny what you said about animals! I tell my husband that all the time! Thats why i get serenity from my backyard animals and my doggies!

Thy're there for you whenever you need them. as i get older i realize i'd rather be with my animals than around people! People seem so angry and judgemental more than ever these days. We live in a very selfish and self centered world sadly enough.

I find myself appreciating the simple and the small things around me. I know my illness has magnified that but i've always tried to be that way.

I appreciate your comments,they make me smile!

Thanks

Oooops! I wanted to comment on what you said about how your golden acts when you feel ill Lori.

They are so intuitive arent they! mine do the same! its amazing how they sense your illness and/or emotions.

They're our babies!