Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One good Day :D

Thanks

Default One good Day :D

So out of 26 days in the year soo far, I finally had a good energy day yesterday. It didn't start until mid afternoon. But it waassss awesome. I try to keep myself motivated and try to exercise so I go to a personal trainer twice a week. Yesterday for the first time in weeks we both agreed I did not look like "death warmed over" and she gave me actually more than 3lb weights too lift YAY!!! I then commenced to do a PT test and got excellent in all areas except for pushups...I actually did 48 sit-ups in a minute when some days it takes me 20 minutes to just sit up :lol: So although it kicked my butt and I am mid energy today I still enjoyed yesterday. I thought you guys would enjoy a good story.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

It sounds like you are doing OK with your PT test. When I was in the Army 20 years ago and in top shape I could only do 45-50 sit-ups in two minutes. 48 in one minute is outstanding. I have good energy days 2 or 3 times a month, and they are indeed awesome. Take the good days whenever they appear, and run with them!

Thanks

I was in the army too..I was doing 56 in a minute--I'm a wimp now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanglishqueen
    I was in the army too..I was doing 56 in a minute--I'm a wimp now
    What did you do in the Army? My MOS was 19K, Basic Armor Crewman. I was a driver, and later a commander on an M1-A1 Abrams Tank. One of the funnest jobs I've ever had. Spent most of my time at Ft. Knox, and at the Intel Center at Ft. Huachuca AZ. I miss those days. They actually paid me to drive around in a 4.5 million dollar main battle tank. It was better than an e-ticket at Disneyland, you always had a warm place to sleep while out in the field, and you never had to walk anywhere!

Thanks

Unfortunately my damn body got me a medical discharge so I never made it to my MOS (I was discharged for complications from pneumonia which gave me tachycardia-fast heart rate). I enlisted in 2005 I was still an Attorney and I wanted to join the army while I was still young (had very strong patriotic feelings-although everyone thought I was insane) I went the enlisted route to pay of the school debt and my MOS was 96Bravo counter intel. I was in “Fort Lost in the Woods” MO (Fort Leonardwood)-they tried to discharge me 4 weeks into it I fought them and won and I almost finished then passed out :shock: But I was a fighter tried again and it happened again so I finally listened to my 90 year old body LOL. I loved it would do it all over again once I steal a healthy body LOL! I don't regret it and it made me a stronger person.

Thanks

yah for you Spanglish,

I work out everyday for about 30 minutes. My body gets extreamly unhappy if I try to skip it.

It's important to keep the joints moving and to build up the supporting muscles.

Cheering you on...
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hey Sitsn,

How do you do it? I try to do it every day, I had a routine I was going to the personal trainer Tuesdays and Thursday and going to the gym Mon, Wed, and Fri. When it got cold out I became more susceptible to illness and have caught every single thing out there. So now I'm lucky if I make the PT appointments that is why I hired her to force me to go even when I fell like dookey. One of my friends told me I should not exercise as it will make it worse. I want to exercise some days I just can't..I even have the Wii fit (evil little thing calls me fat and weak :lol: ) But some days I can't even use the Wii all I want to do is sleep. I want to be able to post more good days.

Thanks

Gentle hugs to ya Spanglish

Of course you have to listen to your body. Especially when you are in a flare.

Every morning I get up EARLY way way EARLY, and haul myself down to the basement and do my physio stretches.

After that I get on the stationary bike. If after two minutes my joints are yelling at me I stop, but mostly things kick in and I feel better for it.

When I first started working out I was scared that I would do more damage, I was swollen badly. My legs and feet were horrific.

The physio therapist I was seeing pushed me to do some symple stretches and assured me that it would help me control the swelling and pain if I build up the supporting muscles around my joints.

You need guidance so you dont over do, but I swear it's worth it. I am far more mobile than I was.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanglishqueen
    Unfortunately my *Holy Censor, Batman* body got me a medical discharge so I never made it to my MOS (I was discharged for complications from pneumonia which gave me tachycardia-fast heart rate). I enlisted in 2005 I was still an Attorney and I wanted to join the army while I was still young (had very strong patriotic feelings-although everyone thought I was insane) I went the enlisted route to pay of the school debt and my MOS was 96Bravo counter intel. I was in “Fort Lost in the Woods” MO (Fort Leonardwood)-they tried to discharge me 4 weeks into it I fought them and won and I almost finished then passed out :shock: But I was a fighter tried again and it happened again so I finally listened to my 90 year old body LOL. I loved it would do it all over again once I steal a healthy body LOL! I don't regret it and it made me a stronger person.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Anybody who joins the military post 9/11 has guts in my book. I joined in 1989 and did 4 years active and 6 in the reserves. My nephew joined the Army 3 years ago and is in the Special Forces/Green Berets. He's training to be a combat surgeon and after he passed airborne jump school at Benning he was sent to Ft. Bragg and is in Med School doing his internship at a civillian hospital. The kid is far tougher than I ever was. I'm sorry you recieved a medical discharge. I was in basic with two different guys who were some tough, and smart fellows, but they unfortunately were both discharged for medical reasons. Both, like you, only after putting up one hell of a fight to stay in. It reaches a point with some injuries, where it's out of your hands, and the Army makes the decision for you. For you to be an Attorney, to have a career already, and join the Army in a time of war is an amazing thing regardless of the outcome. That took some serious courage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob
    I'm sorry to hear that. Anybody who joins the military post 9/11 has guts in my book. ...............................................For you to be an Attorney, to have a career already, and join the Army in a time of war is an amazing thing regardless of the outcome. That took some serious courage.
    Well I always had patriotic feelings especially after 911 so when I got up one day and my knee cracked I new I had to go then before I got too old I new it was the right thing to do, I did it, and I have no regrets. It actually made me a stronger person...without that experience I may not be able to handle what I am going through now.