Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member

Thanks

Default new member

HEllo my name is Deb. I am 36 years old and was diagonised in June 2008 with lupus. I had some unexplained bruising and red and white spots. My local doctor did a blood test and the next day I was in Methodist Hospital in Rochester. My platelets were at 4,000 (normal range would start at 150,000) I was hospitalized twice as in patient and once as an out patient to try to get me platelets back to normal. And dozens of trips back to Mayo Clinic. I was started on a 110 mg of predinose and eventually tappered back to 20 mg by October, today I am at 7.5 mg. I am also taking 400 mg of plaquenil, 1500 mg of cellcept, 1000 mg of tetracycline, 10 mg of Ambien and calcium, Vitron C and multi-vitamins. When my platelets went back to normal I thought everything would be fine ~ OH MAN WAS I WRONG. I have been dealing with extreme faitgue, headaches and joint pain. I really feel all alone. So I am hoping this web posting will help me talk to people that understand. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, I really apprecaite it. [/b]

Thanks

I promise that you are not alone and that there are countless amount of people on this forum, including myself, that would love to talk to you about the countless doctors visits and 'fun' new developments lupus brings. I know everything right now seems terrible but the most difficult part is over, the diagnosis. We're all here for you whenever you need us =) i hope i helped at least a little.

Thanks

WELCOME You will find you are definitely not alone. I've learned so much from this forum. I was diagnosed about two years ago. It took about a year to diagnose me. I was just some big mystery for awhile. I feel like I'm my doctors pet project some times.
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome and believe me you are not alone as every one here have said. So glad you found us.Soon i hope we all can make you feel a little more confident.We all understand. So keep posting and you will find many people here can identify with your symptoms.

Love n hugs
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

Default Welcome

Welcome Deb,

You are amongst friends now. I am still going through the diagnostic roller coaster.....WOOOOO!!! So although I may not have any answers I do have LOOONG Bunny ears good for listening.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome, Deb :lol:
    You are, most definitely, not alone when you are here with us. We are all too familiar with the debilitating fatigue, migraine-like headaches, and the excruciating joint pains.
    You will find that there is always someone here who understand, who is willing to help, and who will make sure that you never feel alone.

Welcome To Our Family
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hello Tootles,

Adding my welcome to the bunch.

Sorry you're suffering. I'm sending gentle HUGS your way, and hoping today is a better day for you.

You don't need to feel so all alone any longer, we're just a keystroke away.........and we ALL know the loneliness.

There is plenty of empathy and understanding to go around.

Glad you joined....

Fondly,

Lori :P

Thanks

Hello, Once you have the chance to cruise this board, you will find that you are in no way alone. Lupus and MCTD affects everyone in different ways and there is a vast array of knowledge here to help.

Welcome and I know that you can find some answers.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

Default Thank you!!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Finally the 1st time in 7 months I do not feel like I am losing it. Before I felt so alone, now I have people that truly understand and care.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Take Care, Deb

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Deb,

I'm Rob. I'm 41 and was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. You are not losing it, and it looks like you now know that you are not alone either. There are a bunch of us out here who are just like you, and believe me, we understand. Welcome to our group!

Rob