Thread: MTX

Thanks

Default MTX

Can anyone please tell me what a normal dosage range for MTX IM? I was just upped to 1cc. I took it last nite and it is kicking my butt. I did not feel the needle go in, go out, the meds go in to the point of where I looked at the floor to see if I missed my gut and it went onthe floor. A half hour later, I was spending the rest of the eve in the bathroom and had a heck of a time functioning at work today.

The doc is talking about upping it even more and it scares the heck out of me knowing how it makes me feel now. I plan to change my treatment to Thursday evenings since I have Fri and Sat off to recoup. i am a big guy but feel like such a whimp when it comes to this. I guess that I think that maybe I will feel better knowing what the normal dose is...maybe not.

Thanks.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

Hi CaptainBlah..

Sorry... you are having a rough go of it from your drugs...

I have no experience with MTX, I research Lupus alot...but hey, are you dosing with Folic Acid to reduce some of it's side effect..nausea and headaches? It is known to help....

Hoping by the next light you feel better...

Keep well...hugs.
    Oluwa

Thanks

Thanks Oluwa,

Yes she has me on 5mg of FA per day. I called her yesterday before the injection and asked if I was suppose to up the FA along with the MTX and she said that she had started me on the highest dose of FA that she likes to use. She had said that about the MTX when I was at .7cc though...so I will see.

Thanks again,
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey there captain

im taking the stuff too, my dr is upping mine soon, like o said ask about folic acid, sometimes when im feelin proper bad i top it up with marmite on toast hope this helps
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

It is a rough drug to take and I am also on it. I am at .7cc. I have been at that dose for about six months and it still kicks my booty and that means that you are feeling really bad at that high dose. My heart is sad for you because I know how it feels and how sick we can get from it Hang in there and tell us when you feel bad because I know just talking about it and you knowing you are not alone makes it a little bit easier to handle
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram