Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everybody 24 yo male here with SLE

Thanks

Default Hi everybody 24 yo male here with SLE

Hi everybody let me introduce myself...I'm 24 yo male diagnosed this last year with lupus (systemic?) I am 1 of two male lupus patients currently being treated by my rheumatologist. My story is quite long and I'm sure a lot of all of you have similar stories...

I had been infected with ebstein barr virus about 2 years ago and I kept getting sick cyclically about every 4 weeks for an entire year. My doctor thinks that EBV may have caused me to get the disease but he isn't 100% sure. All of my lupus symptoms have been very atypical compared to what people normally experience. I don't experience any hair problems, skin problems, or memory issues. My problems have all been in my blood (hematological). Very low white blood counts, low platelets, highly anemic, palpitations, and joint pains and soreness.

My doctor threw me on plaquenil which has worked wonders for me and has pretty much restored me to full health...I am so thankful for this. This disease is terrible...I am a full time pharmacy student so I heare all about these diseases. It definitely changes your prospective when you get one yourself! I find that it helps me to remain positive about our challenges and to take things day by day. I am excited to be a part of this community and hope to bring something to the table for everyone.

Thanks

Hi Doministic...

We are excited to have you...welcoming you with a warm hug.

I am so glad Plaquenil is doing your body wonders...it is a great drug. It pulled me up and out when I was a painful crumble mess.

Be well, keep well.
    Hugs,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Hi Doministic,
    Welcome to the site. I am glad that you found this site. There are a lot of wonderful folks that come in here. There are some male members as well. One of the moderators is male. Rob is wonderful and has a wealth of information from the male perspective of this rotten illness.

I am glad that you are doing pretty good. Hopefully one day they will have a cure for this illness. Please keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Hello doministic!

I am also a male, 43yrs, that was d/x with Lupus among others. I have never heard of that virus but it does not sound nice. I am also new here and I have already found that there are quite a few good people here.

I hope to talk more later as I have to go do my meds and go to bed.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nice to meet you

nice to see there are more men with lupus joining this forum, not for me obviously but for Rob ermmm thats not excactly how that sounds either

AHEM il move on now...................

xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Default Welcome

Welcome :!: I just found this site yesterday and everyone here is totally amazing. You will feel welcome in 3.2.1....Did you feel it?!?!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi doministic

welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are experiencing the challenge of learning what you have, what treatment is available, and what you are going to do about your life.

anyway, we are all here for each other, so welcome and i look forward to walking with you through this process.

share a smile today,

Thanks

Welcome doministic

Glad you found us.

As you can tell this is a very warm and friendly site. Lot's of good folks.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome

Sending you gentle hugs .

Love
    Angel.xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family :lol: I am so glad that you are here and I know that you will find answers, support, understanding and comfort here!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!