Thread: Temperature, do you always have to have one?

Thanks

Default Temperature, do you always have to have one?

Fellow Lupies:

Pre Lupus diagnosis, I would run a real low grad temp, which by afternoon would hit 99.5. Of course, when my Kidney's started failing it shot up to 104. I've been in what I feel is a Lupus flare, but no temp. In fact, it tends to run lower than normal (97.4 for example). I'm on plaquenil now of course, so I'm not sure if that has an effect.

So there is the question, when you are flaring, do you always have a temp?

Thanks

Hi Larz! I am so sorry you are felling a bit under the weather. For me, my flares are not always followed by a fever. I will run a fever a lot of the times but there are times when I feel so bad but my temp is great. It will be one of those things that will alter with each of us and time will tell what your indicators will be. One of my indicators is that I get these sore, red, knots on my joints on my fingers. As a matter of fact I see them popping up right now due to the lack of sleep Let me know how you are feeling later....I am sending you lots of gentle hugs
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz,

Ive only ever once run a temp with a flare, that i know of, and i think that was due to a flu i caught, sorry to hear your having a rough time tho,
    im flaring atm but no temp
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Default fevers

My name is Cindy. I have been running fevers off and on now for 1 yr. I also normally run low 97.5 If I get up to normal range for everyone else I feel the fever and usually 1-2 hrs later up to 100 or so. I do not find these prior to or after a flair most times it is just a fever and fibromyalgia. I will run it 1-5 days but don't know why.
    Gentle hugs
    Cindy

Thanks

I usually run an anti-temp. 96.2 to 94.7.

I feel like crud, feel like my skin hurts to touch.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

My gauge runs about 96.0 - 97.5, here in my 40's I am. In my 20's I was hot. That too, but temp wise in the 99 point something. Thought it was my norm back then. Today 97 averages my norm.

Slow metabolism, perimenopause...?

From the Mayo Clinic...

Normal human body temperature is usually stated as 98.6 F (37 C) orally, it actually ranges from 97.5 to 98.8 F (36.4 to 37.1 C). Some people have temperatures in the 96 F range and feel fine. Your body temperature is not considered dangerously low until it is below 95 F (35 C).

Mild reductions in body temperature are often temporary and don't indicate a serious problem or condition. For example, your temperature normally is lower in the morning than in the evening. The most common cause of a lower-than-normal body temperature is exposure to cold. But occasionally, a low body temperature can indicate an underlying problem or condition, such as:

Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
    Diabetes
    Adrenal gland insufficiency (Addison's disease)
    Hypothalamus dysfunction
    Liver failure
    Kidney failure
    Widespread infection (sepsis)
    Excessive use of alcohol or illicit drugs
    A side effect of certain medications, such as phenothiazines, barbiturates, opiates, clonidine, lithium and benzodiazepines
    If your low body temperature persists, consult your doctor.

L.,
    O.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Larzz,

my temperature also runs lower that 98.6. If I do get a temp., then i am really sick.

I do not get fever with flares.