Thread: Organ Transplant due to Lupus related organ failure?

Thanks

Default Organ Transplant due to Lupus related organ failure?

Is there any others that have had to have an organ transplant due to Lupus related complications? My SLE hit me hard and fast, and shut down my kidneys in the first two years after being diagnosed, resulting in a transplant with in the first 3 years? Is there anyone else out there with a similar situation. Even though i have the SLE most of my "crap" comes from the transplant now and not the SLE as much, the main symptom of the Lupus is the extreme fatigue. Some of the meds for the transplant are used for the Lupus flares, so it stays in check all the time... but the meds for the transplant seem to be just as bad as having the lupus flares.... UGH talk about a catch 22!
    So i just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there that has the same issues?

Thanks

Hi Summer,
    I am sorry to hear what the Lupus did to you. I have been very lucky in that as far as I know the Lupus has not damaged my kidneys. Right now I am having a problem with blood in my urine and no answer as of yet for this problem. There may be others that come in here that have gone through what you have gone through. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Thanks Kathy. I have rarely come across people in my similar situation, but i know they are out there. I'm sure i'll keep up the postings.
    "Dragonfly, carry and fullfill my deepest dreams" - Summer