Thread: introduce myself

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default introduce myself

Hello,
    I am a 67 year old female diagnosed with SLE 39 years ago. Lupus forced me to retire my profession(Registered Nurse). I have studied lupus extensively over the years mainly fory own survival. I enjoy gardening,(flowers of all descriptions), and sharing my survival stories with other lupus women, in the hopes it will help, and encourage a newly diagnosed LE person.I have survived several strokes associated with Lupus, not to say that all lupud persons will end up with cerebral strokes like I did. One thing I have learned is that Lupus affects us all in different ways. We all need to learn to listen to our bodies, and work with our individual symptoms.
    Preshad

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Preshad :lol:
    Welcome to our family. I know that your experience and research will be a great help to many here on WeHaveLupus. I am glad that you found us and that you decided to become a member of our family.
    Is your lupus currently active and are you taking medications? You will find that there is always someone here who understands what you are dealing with and who is more than willing to also offer comfort, information, and support!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Preshad,
    Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy and I have SLE Lupus and have had it for some 45 years, but did not get diagnosed until I was 36. I just want to welcome you to the site.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you Kathy for your welcome. We have to help each other with this disease. It can cause so many problems. I have only touched on a few of the medical things that have happened to me over the past 39 years, but I don't want to over whelm anyone. Just know, through it all, I am coping. You can too. Learn everything you can findout about lupus. Knowledge makes it easier to cope with it
    Bye
    Preshad

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say hello and welcome

Love
    Angel.xx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Preshad,

I'm Rob, I'm 40 and I was diagnosed with SLE five years ago. I just wanted to say hello, and welcome you to our group. Make yourself at home!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi preshad,

just want to say hi and welcome. I am 56 and just recently diagnosed after many years of searching for answers. I also have fibromyalgia so i sometimes can't tell the difference between the flares. one seems to trigger the other.

anyway, welcome, and i look forward to your input.

share a smile today,
    phyllis

Thanks

Hello Preshad

Just wanted to add my welcome to the bunch.

Wow! 39 years with Lupus. That's an encouragement to us all not to give up the fight. I'm looking forward to your contributions.

I, too, am a fellow gardener and flower lover. It's my greatest stress reliever. I can't wait till Spring so I can get my hands in the soil and surround myself with beauty. My absolute joy is planting flowers that attract the hummingbirds and butterflies.

I've had Lupus for 26 years, diagnosed in my teens.

Thank you for sharing..........

Fondly,

Lori :P

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the group. I am a 43 yr old Male diagnosed with lupus, FM, and myocitis 2 yrs ago. There are a lot of good people here with a wealth of knowledge.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth