Thread: should i go to the e.r.?

Thanks

Default should i go to the e.r.?

Each and everyone of you have been so helpful and have been heaven sent. Wow god bless you all. Please know that you have made a difference on the approach I have taken towards my medical care, before I came here I was going to give up on this and now I am so anxious and ready to fight this disease. The past two days for me has been horrible and yesterday I was ready to call the ambulance but decided to wait out the pain until today so that i can speak to my rheumy. He told me to take 500mg of tylenol. Could this be right? I have taken 3 at once and it doesn't help at all!!!! I was wondering if maybe he's trying to see if the oral steroids he put me on works? I explained to him how severe the pain was. What do you guys think i should do? Should I go to the e.r. tommorrow if this continues? The pain is from my waste down, it feels as if my legs are on fire and I am being cut with a saw. I also have that same pain in my left elbow. I am also feeling very fatigued. Sorry guys I am rambling on. I just feel sooo miserable and dont know what to do. What would u guys do?

Thanks

Oh love, I am so sorry you feel so bad! You sound miserable :cry: So, your doctor told you to take 500mg of tylenol, have you done that yet? As with going to the hospital, only you can decide when to enough is to enough. When you hit that point you will know and you will need to go. If you have not tried the tylenol, I would try it and see if it helps. Another thing you can do is call the emergency line at you doctors office. They will have your doctor call you back and you can discuss what you can do in order to make you comfy. Have you tried soaking in the bath tub? Add epson salt to the water and it may help a little. Another thing I do when the pain almost seems to much, I have Tim lightly tickle my back or arms. It helps my nerve endings concentrate on another feeling and sensation and it actually relieves me from some of the pain. Please let me know how you are doing and if you go into the hospital. I am sending you very gentle hugs and thoughts of a pain free night. I wish there was something more that I could do for you right now........keep fighting this :!:
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Gently hugs to ya faith,

I know it sounds rediculas to think that the only thing you can take for such pain is tylenol. But there is a reason for this.

Depending on what other medications you are on, the only thing you can safely take is tylenol.

Many of us are on medications that thin our blood. To take anything else would put ourselfs at risk.

My advice to you is get in to see your doctor or make a phone call to their nurse to explain what is happening and let them decide what your next step is.

Unless like Danica has said the pain has reached the point where you can not wait to see your doctor.

The only way your doctor is going to know that your pain levels are not improving is if you go in and let them know that it's uncontroled. So I encourage you to do this.

Let us know what you have decided and how it went. Hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi faith,

I too recommend that you go the dr. they might be able to relieve some of the pain.

However, I have reached that point before and I went to the hospital. They pumped me with iv pain meds, then sent me home. I was out of a lot of money, and really did not get any relief. I did feel better in that they tested all of the vital organs, and everything was working fine.

the last time i was in such a bad flare that i was ready to go anywhere that could give me some relief, my dr. gave me a medrol injection, and i have felt better since.

let us know, hope you are having a better day today.

phyllis