Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Itching

Thanks

Default Severe Itching

I think the itching goes with the hives, or in my case the hives come after the intense itching. Anyone else have this too? I am coninually coming up with more of these little things that become big when you can't stop scratching. There are no bug bites, no rashes where it starts at. It just picks random places on my body to get my hands to touch it. It wins, because my hands are scatching and scratching driving me crazy. The second I stop scratching it comes on stronger than it did before I began attacking it.

Is this normal? Any suggestions? I need a leg like a dog has with claws to attack the foreign invader :P LOL

Well mail me and let me know if anyone has felt this too.
    Love ya all and I wish the best for everyone,

Angela

Thanks

holy cow! i was wondering if this was just me. my dr gave me this topical ointment for it, but man i hate it! my boyfriend is always yelling at me to stop scratching. my legs have scars all over them from me scratching in my sleep. i wake up with blood under my nails. i feel like i can't touch anything because maybe i'm allergic to it. i didn't know this was a symptom of lupus or what. i was thinking maybe i am allergic to the lupus meds i'm taking. i sooooooo sorry to hear of your itchy situation, but i'm right there with you. someone help us!
    sonya
    EAT BRAINS...GUHHH...

Thanks

I don't have a solution for you but I'm right there with you. It's like it moves and it's under the skin and no matter how much you scratch it's still there. My dh is always telling me to stop because I end up with bruises. Very irritating. Sometimes benadryl works for me tho. Course it also makes me sleepy so maybe I just forget LOL {{{HUG}}} So sorry you have this too.

Thanks

Hi

I had my first itching experience last night. When I called my doctor on Friday shesaid I should use Cortizone 10. This helped for a while. This morning I had a cool shower and used a Cream called Curel which has calmed the itching. I am going to the doc's tomorrow to see what she thinks. I will let you know.

Take care and I hope we all get well soon.

:?:

Thanks

I itch all of the time, all over. I've tried relaxation meditations and can't stay still long enough because of the itching. Sometimes, I'll have sleepless nights that are preceded by intense itching. I had no idea that it could be lupus-related. One mystery solved for me; a million to go :lol:

Thanks

I'm seeing this problem all over the forums. Am I the only one that's tried fungal spray, or urine?

Thanks

I haven't been diagnosed, only tested and awaiting test results, but I have intense itching all over. When I itch it a lot a large round mound erupts that is hard. It stays for several days and eventually leaves. But, usually with a bruise. I just can't seem to stop scratching. I also have a lot of itching on my back and arms as well. Has anyone tried oatmeal baths? I know I used those for my children when they had things like measles. Is the itching part of Lupus? Or am I just an itchy person? All of my skin seems to be very dry nowdays. My scalp even itches. At times I scratch so much I bleed, which seems to be sooner than later. My skin seems to be thinner than it used to be. My doctor say my problem with tiredness (bone-tiredness) might be depression? Does depression make you itch and break out in red rashes on your face and nose too?
    Trisha Bonaventure

Thanks

Before I was diagnosed with lupus, the doctor suggested I used anti-fungal cream on my rashes. I assume now that they were discoid rashes, but they did resemble ring worm. They just didn't spread. Like, madthumbs, the anti-fungal cream did make the rash disappear. Although, it could have just been time that made them disappear and a coincidence with the cream.

Thanks

I will try the anti-fungal ointment. The itching just drives me completely insane at times. Once it starts, it just seems to go everywhere.
    Trisha Bonaventure

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is reply to Madthumbs:
    For many people, Urine is considered to be an invaluable source of nourishment and healing that perhaps has been too controversial or not financially rewarding enough for it to be talked about and encouraged as a potent medicine. Many believe that one's own urine, a living food, contains elements that are specific to one's body alone. The body is constantly producing a huge variety of antibodies, hormones, enzymes and other natural chemicals to regulate and control its functions and combat imbalances that one may not be aware of. According to "MyWellnessHouse.com":
    "Clinical studies have proved that the thousands of critical body chemicals and nutrients that end up in urine reflect the individual body's functions. When re-utilised, these chemicals and nutrients act as natural vaccines, antibacterial, antiviral and anticarcinogenic agents as well as hormone balancers and allergy relievers. The information that urine contains therefore cannot be duplicated or derived from any other source. Just as nature produces no two people who are exactly the same, there are no two urine samples in the world that contain exactly the same components. Don't take this therapy lightly. Multiple sclerosis, colitis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, hepatitis, hyperactivity, pancreatic insufficiency, psoriasis, eczema, diabetes, herpes, mononucleosis, adrenal failure, allergies and so many other ailments have been relieved through use of this therapy. After you overcome your initial gag response (I know I had one), you will realize that something big is going on, and if you are searching for health, this is an area to investigate. There are numerous reports and double blind studies which go back to the turn of the century supporting the efficacy of using urine for health."
    External application has been suggested by massaging the whole body, leaving the urine on or wash it off after an hour or so, just with water or with a mild, natural soap. Fresh urine is said to be helpful in all kinds of skin problems such as itching, sunburns, eczema, psoriasis and acne.
    I've also read that cow urine has been used for some medicinal purposes, in a cream form.
    While I will not support nor disclaim its use, I personally do not think that I can ever be open-minded enough to try it. But, I present this article as information only to let you know that there is a big move (and has been for years) in Urine Therapy!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie