Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i'm new! everyone say hi to me please!!

Thanks

it's this chinese heating stuff...like icyhot...mm, i don't know if you have that either. it can be rubbed on and they also have these little heating patches.
    EAT BRAINS...GUHHH...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sonya;
    Just wanted to give you another perspective on your parents reactions. Even though I had Lupus for years prior to my daughter being diagnosed, I went into complete denial about hers! Why??? I DID NOT want her to be sick. I kept coming up with other reasons for her pain, fatigue, weight gain, etc. etc. etc. Those other reasons were actually my silent prayers and/or wishful hopes that her symptoms were not as serious as Lupus. So, I would think....maybe icyhot patches will make you feel better...your pain is because you are a dancer and you over exert your muscles and joints. I mean, I went on and on and on. Not because I didn't support her or care, but because I didn't want it to be true!!! I did not want my 19 year old daughter to be sick with Lupus!!!
    I, like your parents, may have done more harm than good. I am not sure and I have to live with that now that she is gone. But, I just wanted to give you this insight so that you do not become angry with your parents and to help you to understand them a little better.
    Sometimes, as parents, we unfortunately operate out of love instead of logic. You must try to see in between their love and fear and talk to them openly and honestly so that they can then react to you out of logic!!
    Best of Luck
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

i understand that no one wants their children to be sick. i see where you're coming from. my father and i had a huge falling out years ago and what started us talking again really was my lupus and insurance stuff etc. with my mother...i really do think it's just her being from a differen't counrty and dealing with things a lot more harshly. i believe in my heart that they both have nothing but good intentions and wish the best for me. i think that's what really keeps me coming back and having them involved. my whole life i have sort of been the parent and they have been the children. haha...i wish you knew my parents. this would make a lot more sense
    EAT BRAINS...GUHHH...

Thanks

I understand what you mean about unsupportive parents. They didn't mean to be, but we just didn't talk about stuff in my family. When I got my first period...My parents gave me a book about the birds and the bees & that was it. No explanation, nothing! It's funny now, but it wasn't then.

Chelle

Thanks

yes, sorry to hear that. that is funny. i've lived on my own since i was 13. neither of my folks were around for the dreaded period talk or anything following. my father's fiance gave me this book "our bodies, ourselves" when i was maybe 17? what a joke, huh?
    EAT BRAINS...GUHHH...

Thanks

Default Hi Sonya

Hi Sonya,

Sounds like you had an easy run of diagnosis. Not that the disease is easy. I'm 23 and have had lupus for almost 9 years now. I too feel like this has stolen the best years of my life. When you need to talk please email. betsyabailey@hotmail.com I'd love to help. KIT I know that my support group at home helps but they just don't get it. sometimes it helps to know someone who doesn't pity you but that understands. All the best

Betsy
    There will be better days! If this is one cherish it.

Thanks

Sorry I am late saying hi. I am from uk and I had 2 years of being messed about before diagnosis. I was a nurse and retired on ill health last year. i am always on my computer and if you ever want to chat my msn or yahoo address is under my post. Please feel free to add me. I love chatting to people all over the world
    Val