Thread: Teeth issues..Who'd athunk?

Thanks

Default Teeth issues..Who'd athunk?

I broke a tooth the other day. Nothing new here. I have now three teeth that are broken. Went to the dentist yesterday to have this one looked at because it was sensitive to cold. Didnt really hurt but it was sensitive. The other two didnt hurt so I had been ignoring them.
    The diagnosis:
    Abcess on tooth #1 will need antibiotics, root canal and crown.
    Teeth#2 & 3 root canal and crown.

I have a chronic dry mouth. Would that be the correct terminology? Whatever the case may be my mouth is always dry. I am forever drinking water, soda or chewing gum. The dentist comes in and looks at my laundry list of conditions. In explaining why my teeth have just disignigrated she tells me that because of lupus and other conditions I dont produce saliva. Saliva is used to keep germs and bacteria of the teeth. Something like that. I am having trouble explaining.

I never knew that. Even in reading here of peoples teeth issues I didnt put 2 and 2 together. I thought that the dry mouth was from diabetes even tho my glucose levels have been good or from a med I taking.

So there ya have it. Learn something new every day.

K

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Just to say....i feel your pain literally and yes i did know something along those lines about Lupus connection. (Yet still my diagnosis isnt confirmed for sure....may be M.E...who knows lol). I hope you are not in pain now and get the teeth fixed so you can eat again pain free. You know my story on teeth n how i missed the whole of christmas n new year...i wont repeat my story. But get better soon.

Love
    Angel.xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I have the exact same problem, and yep, it's mostly from having a dry mouth all the time. I also have three broken teeth in the back. I had an abcessed molar last year and it was miserable. My teeth are also extremely sensitive to pressure and temperature. Ain't Lupus grand?

Thanks

Sounds like classic Sjogren's Syndrome Sorry you're having so many dental issues.

Thanks

That sounds uncomfortable and I am happy that it doesn't hurt too much I hope they can get you all fixed up and if anyone is going to know how you feel it will be Angel Oliver, she had a rough time with her mount recently.............both of you hang in there
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Default teeth and everything else

I am having trouble getting diagnosed but have so many symptoms...teeth too...dry mouth too....dentist says that there is nothing he can do to save all of them...leaf
    hope things get better for you

Thanks

I have an appt. on March 5 or 7. Somewhere in there. I will get that top tooth fixed up. Wish it was sooner as it is feeling a bit more sensitive. If it blows I will call in an emergency. Ugh teeth. Ya know now that I am going get them taken care of another will break. Yea Rob lupus is grand. A grand pain in the rear.

Im sorry you other girls are having some issues with teeth.

Thanks for the empathy, encouragement and caring.

K

Thanks

Interesting...I too was at the dentist today b/c of pain, I just had a root canal done two weeks ago and now the other side of my mouth has an abscess. I'm on antibiotics as well.

Interesting.

Thanks

Yep, that sjogrens thing - diagnosed or not....always drinking water. Often adding "tears" eyedrops. I suck on a lot of sugar free cough drops too - as if I start getting dry I start this obnoxious hacking cough because my throat drys out too!
    ~"I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe." (Dalai Lama)