Thread: Stress and me

Thanks

Default Stress and me

Under terrible stress of late with Job and home, It seems there is no escape from it, it is depressing me. What's worse if that wasn't bad enough all my symptoms decided to flair all at once.

My breathing is off, had to use my neb. My Nero stuff is starting up, severe tremors, got a rash around my neck and face, my joints hurt and closing my hands is painful. THe streiods has been keeping it at bay but not today, I wonder if stress can set it off.

I feel like mud, so tired, It's like a truck rolled over me. UNHHH

Can't wait till this passes....

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Stress can certainly set things off, and cause a flare. In fact, for me, two things will give me a flare without question, stress and sunlight. The sun is easy enough to deal with, but stress can sometimes be almost unavoidable. Anything you can do to reduce stress even a little bit, will help. I know it's far easier said than done though. Hang in there and don't hesitate to come here and vent whenever needed. Blowing off some steam can really help.

Rob

Thanks

Sorry your having such a tough time today, Justdave. I'm sending gentle hugs your way.

Yes, stress can definitely cause a flare of your symptoms. For me, it was the worst trigger for flaring. When I was extremely stressed, that's when my flares were really bad. Stress is our Lupus enemy!! :evil:

It can be frustrating when that stress comes from your job and it's hard to eliminate it. And stress at home, that can be even more frustrating because that's the place we go to get away from it all, to shut out the world at times.

I've had Lupus for 27 years and, although it took me awhile, I finally began to figure out what worked for me to eliminate, or at least reduce, the amount of stress in my life.

Hang in there, listen to your body and try to do all the right things for it, like good nutrition, plenty of rest, etc. Sometimes when it all gets to be too much you have to slow down and focus only on you at the moment.
    One thing that worked well for me was to pursue a relaxing, stress free hobby that I could go to when I needed to get my mind off of the difficult situations or people in my life. For me that was reading. I have always been an avid reader, and I found that it was something I could always do no matter how poorly my health was at the moment. So when the world all gets to be too much and I need to check out for awhile, you can always find me curled up with a good book. More often than not, it takes me away from my problems, usually to far off places where Lupus cannot follow.

Hang in there and ride out the wave. I'm hoping better days are ahead for you!

Fondly,

Lori :P

Thanks

Hi Justdave,
    I read your post. Stress can most definitely set you up for a flare. I know that it does me for sure. Try to alleviate as much stress as you can. Have you talked with your doctor about your problems with stress? The doctor may be able to prescribe a medication to help you cope with stress. I hope that you get to feeling better.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Thanks

Gentle hugs Justdave,

I've been stressed at work since Jan 9th. I've been waiting for my flare to show up. Well it's here, started yesterday. Eye twitching 24/7, nose sores, swelling, rash.

Even my feet are back to feeling like they are going to snap with broken bones.

I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, I know it's got to be there some where :lol:

Hope things chill out for you soon.
    Oh look ... a cookie

Thanks

Hi justdave! I am so sorry you are having a bit of a tough time I know at times it seems like when it rains....it pours! Stress is such a hard thing to avoid and it plays such a role in our lives and disease :? Please, hang in there and try to get a little extra rest or even just a little quiet time for yourself. I am thinking of you and sending you happy thoughts and gentle hugs
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sending little hugs to you justdave.

it is amazing the effect that stress has on us. Please be good to yourself, and let us know if we can do anything to help.

share a smile today,

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Justdave,

Sending you gentle hugs. Believe....everything has to end at some point and so i hope your flare goes soon and you feel a little better. Yes stress is a biggy. I seem to get very low and panic then i get ill and can not get out of bed or bother with the world. I too am stressed and recently had a tough time like many of us here.....my new ailment is a nose full of sores and nose bleeds.Mmmmm taste so good....lol...NOT. We are here for you to give you strength.Keep fighting!!

Love
    Angel.xxx

P.S ...When the Lupus House opens on this site....there will be massages....chocolate......whatever you want that makes you feel relaxed and at ease....so look out on the board when it opens...we ALL will be there. hehehehehhe

Thanks

Default Re: hi

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote="Angel Oliver"]Hi Justdave,

Sending you gentle hugs. Believe....everything has to end at some point and so i hope your flare goes soon and you feel a little better. Yes stress is a biggy. I seem to get very low and panic then i get ill and can not get out of bed or bother with the world. I too am stressed and recently had a tough time like many of us here.....my new ailment is a nose full of sores and nose bleeds.Mmmmm taste so good....lol...NOT. We are here for you to give you strength.Keep fighting!!

Love
    Angel.xxx

P.S ...When the Lupus House opens on this site....there will be massages....chocolate......whatever you want that makes you feel relaxed and at ease....so look out on the board when it opens...we ALL will be there. hehehehehhe [
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

i know Mmmmmm Chocolate fountain maybe with strawberries and marshmellows