Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Benefits.............

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The esa are paying me 2 weekly money once a week?

im little confused why this is the case, of course im not complaining

but a little curious why? anyone else having this wonderful treatment?

peace
    ISDM
    x
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default HI

Just call them and double check cause believe me, when you least expect it and have no money, they take it back from you, if they are paying you more. It may be right, you need to ask them.Just check cause you dont want to end up out of pocket.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking

obviously not !!! lol

benefits in uk have changed recently soo its really hard to understand what your entittled to and not entittled to best just stick with it mrses don't take no rubbish !!
    i think no matter what country you live in it is hard to get them to understand this illness because you never know from one day to next what kind of day your going to have!!
    i think having your gp and consultants backing you helps no end, that and getting good advice from some form of advicates ( think thats how its spelt!!) helps too finding some one like in uk we have samaritians!! soo good luck to all and isdm your getting there don't worry!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you mean citizens advice berau dont you??

ISDM
    xx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Hey, I was wondering about DLA, on the direct.gov it seems like its pretty severe cases, and I wasn't sure whether to apply because obviously im not immobile all the time (due to the nature of flares) although sometimes I am :S. I know i'm not entitled to anything else because I'm a student. I sorted out the disabled student allowance, but that doesn't really help as it pays equipment and doesnt make up for the fact I can't have a PT job as well as my studies (tried that and failed ) But anyway, has anyone else been through the system as a student and got any idea about what I may get help for?
    Whilst I'm on the subject, its annoyed me reading the struggle some of you guys have had to get incapacity! My dads an alcoholic(thus i struggle to sympathise with him) who got incapacity with no problem, gets 75 allowance p/w, rent paid, council tax paid, etc etc. Yet people with lupus struggle, which 99% is more debilatating and 100% isn't self inflicted grrrrr. Bloody benefit system in the UK.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi SG,

I say try it.You have nothing to loose.You are sick and that is what the DLA is for.When you fill in the forms, write as if you are having a flare, all your bad days.Remember, people out there some i know get this benefit and i see them out and holidaying and they get it.I am housebound yet they get more than me and a car.So please....fill in that form ...you have nothing to loose.DLA is not counted as like incapacity.This is there to help you in daily life, your struggles.So fill it in as when you have your ''bad'' days and not as if you are having a good day. You have more bad days thean good you see. I made that mistake.I filled it in when i felt allot better and got refused.Not had many good days lately so i filled it in as i am now.

Goodluck.
    Angel.xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi supergiv

i just want to agree with angel....complete your paperwork as if you were in the worst flare you have ever had....also, in US, it is common to get rejected at first, and persistence seems to pay off....please don't give up, keep trying. Hope it works.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Here in the states it is their job to turn you down. When you reapply it goes to the next higher one. Then when that one turns you down an you reapply it continues up the latter.

They want you to give up. That way they don't have to do their job. If by chance your information goes to someone that understands Lupus they will on their own push your request thru.

A friend of mine is 100% and got her first check after 90 days of filling. Me I was to that I would hear back about mine for at least a year. I feel that has a lot to do with the person filling out the paper work.

Just don't give them any slack.
    David

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

yeh I will not comment about the UK benefits for now because I am going to use some words not fit for this forum.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..

Thanks

Hi
    if anyone on medicare, how they are in respect for covering lupus medications and general care with regular A, B and D plans?