Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits.............

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Ah, now I understand. I wish I had some good advice, but I don't understand the system there (sometimes I don't understand the system here). You're a fighter, don't let them off the hook. The man on the phone obviously doesn't know who I am either. I don't look kindly upon people who make my friends cry! :lol: There must be a way you can appeal this. Keep on them.

Thanks

Never give up the fight!!! :x
    46 year old mother of two diagnosed with SLE 2 yrs ago.
    Meds: Plaquinil, azathrioprine, cymbalta, water pill, folic acid, low dose asprin, and a medication to help me sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I phoned up today just try one last time,
    and its the same thing i cannot claim anything if im fit to work, even if its just one day a week of 7 hours!

i have a choice here (they gave me) i either give up work and seek benefits or i go back full time?! and this is the stupid thing, it works out better for me not to work! although the country is trying to get us back into work??

how do i do that everytime i do more than 1 days a week the lupus flares!! its impossible and no one in the benefits place seems to get that!

idiots, what do you think i should do?

xxx
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Thanks

Iseedeadmonkeys,

I could work one day a week, but what day that would be is totally unpredictable. Sometimes I could do a couple of half days, but then again, what days and when? There is a big difference between being able to work one day a week, and being employable. I don't know any employer who would be so flexible as to accomodate someone like myself, and who could blame them.

I know you told yourself that you are going back to work. You have put out such an effort mentally, and physically, to fight Lupus and go back to your job. Nobody here would criticize you if you had to make the decision to not work and collect benefits. You have a legitimate health problem. You are at risk of a flare anytime. You know that stress can do terrible things to people like us, so I would say that you should consider what path will cause you the least stress. If that means not working and recieving disability, then so be it.

You didn't ask for this disease. You didn't make up the silly rule about not being able to claim disability even if you can work one 7 hour day a week. You show tremendous honesty and determination with the way you have been handling this situation. Your honesty and determination would not be harmed, or somehow diminished if you had to decide that you had to give up work. Do what you believe is best for your health, and well being.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey there Rob 8)

I totally agree with you! i only picked thursday to work because i could focus on that day, half the time i go in to work thursday im ill or have to leave early, gawd its a right pain, i had a good convo with my mum and dad they have come up with an idea for me, we will speak about it on friday, i dont know what the idea is yet :!:

just seems silly really having to off sick and give up work, i know i cant work full time that would just be dangerous, i have been full time and payed my taxes for 14 years time for them to help me out a little i guess!

oh and btw i just read back thru my last message hehe i dint mean to call you idiots that was sposed to be the end of the last sentance lol .....see how words gets me inot trouble sometimes happy days :!:

xx

Thanks

Whatever you are worried about saying, I didn't notice. I'm always saying back asswards things. Sometimes I go back and look at what I've written after a long sleepless night, and cringe when I read my words. No biggie. That's why the internet god's created the edit button.

Good to hear your parents have some ideas for you. My parents have been an immense help to me these past few years. They weren't always that way, so I am very appreciative of their help.

Government regulations rarely if ever make much sense. Sometimes you have to, on the surface, do something you don't want to, like giving up your one day a week to qualify. It doesn't make any person bad for having to jump through some silly hoops a bunch of bureaucrats have created. Sounds like you are feeling a little better about things today, that's good to hear.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Right i had to get this sorted out tonight just for a peaceful nights sleep really! ive stressed myself out so much tonight i hurt my legs :roll: :?:

so i asked my mum about it she give me 2 options (the ones i was chatting about) im gonna speak to work on thursday just to clarify it all too and whats best for them in the long run, my mum says i dont have to give up work forever they will still be there! they know i love my job! they know im good at my job! sooo i think i know what i have to do, mum says it wont be forever and thats how i have to look at it, even if its 6 weeks/6months/6 years they will still be there!

Is this for the best?

thanx Rob xx

Thanks

Default Lupus slam dunk?

I was dx. in 1993 with Sle, 2001 with kidney involvment,2004 idiopathic neuropathy,and in 2008 with Ra. I am now on my 3rd appeal. Why does it work for some and not others. SSI wrote me and said it was being treated with meds and as long as it is treated I am not approved. I have not been able to work since Aug 2007. They overdosed me with predisone at this time took several months to come out of that. When I finally recouped from that depression was my big problem along with flairs.I have lost my ins. which adds more stress. Well I cannot keep up with drs appts. due to finances.Cannot keep up with meds except for depression which state picks up.The next step with SSI is in front of a judge which they say will take 1 yr foorm this point. I filed March 2007.
    Cindy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cindy

I know the pain you are feeling, some ppl just seem to come out the other end smiling within a couple of months with their money in their hand, for the rest of us we seem to slip in the net of it all taking far to long to even be thought upon, in this country we have alot of the sicknotes known as (BBB-bad back brigade) this i find really annoying as they get rewarded straight away because its usally an accident at work and they play on it way too much get used to time off and liveing off the state pension! then theres us who cant actually do anything about our flares as it causes all sorts of other problems and sometimes the drugs dont work like they are sposed to because ITS LUPUS, and thats just the way of things, but agencies for benefits dont see us as having an actual illness, it really pisses me off ive seen this way to many times, im gonna fight this til the end i have alot of ppl behind me too, it just so happens this country is going into ressesion the same year my lupus flares NOT MY FAULT!! im affraid! already this year over 2 million ppl have been made redundant, ok thats all very well but what about us?

anyway enough of me ranting Kanye West is trying to cheer me up by singing really loud in my living room, i must let him carry on

peace
    ISDM
    xxx

Currently still in Weston Village, Runcorn, United Kindom
    Thanks

Hey thought I wud reply to this thread..
    I am in the UK too and know the fight u having...
    I had to stop working in 2007 sorta cud not manage anymore...
    I tried to claim but did not get anywhere other than my council tax being paid for few months.. a So I tried to set up a company with the help of the council I never went through with it because it was to much money and I had used all my savings on living at this point then they put me under investigation because I was committing fraud they said...

Because the allegations made my lupus got really bad...... still is now... It never got much better after that.....
    In the end I told them to %%%% off.... The investigation was closed after a while and I was in the clear because there was no proof of fraud...
    Of course not because I was not doing anything wrong....

So I started up a little company....
    At the moment with the economic downturn and all the business is not doing well at all and I have bills coming out of my ears....
    I am feeling worse than ever and just can't deal with it anymore...
    So I am closing the business going to clear out the office and see what my options are going onto the whole benefit thing...
    I really don't like having to do it but I can hardly get up in the morning and do simple things let alone work..... even so I have applied for various jobs but I ain't getting any off them.... silly excuses are being given not to take me on.. So I feel now I have no choice....
    I need to get some stable money because otherwise I am gonna get even worse I think..... if that is possible...

anyway good luck with ur claims and getting ur life onto track....
    Sorry for the rant in your post but being in the UK too I know what ur going through.....
    The worse the bad times are the more we appreciate the good things in life..