Thread: stomache flu

Thanks

Default stomache flu

Any idea how to ease a tummy from the stomache flu? It feels worse when tummy is empty, but food doesn't want to stay down. I tried eating crackers really slow, nope. Tried sipping juice, better but its not food. If you eat or drink to fast, it comes up quick. The stomache flu also gives you diarrhea as well. Never had this before, its harsh. Looking for relief. Its highly contagious as well. Washed and disenfected everything when my youngest came down with it yesterday afternoon. Then I got it last night, my eldest came home from school with it and then hubby came home from work this evening with it. Only one person left without it, my middle child who will probably have it by morning. We are all looking for some relief. Any ideas?
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

This may only work for me....but eating small amounts of yogurt seems to help my tummy when all else fails! :?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I have some vanilla yogurt in the fridge now. My middle child thankfully didn't wake up with it. He seems fine. Hubby and my eldest woke up feeling better, a little run down was all. Unfortunately me and my youngest still have it. She's only 2, so hard to get her to drink and eat is why I figured. For me I figured because I'm mom and wife. They all got to lay down, I got to keep going and taking care of all. I know without rest it takes longer. Going to try and rest the best I can today. Off to get some yogurt and see if it helps us. Thanks again.
    Cheryl

Thanks

Thanks Saysusie. I tried the yogurt, 3 tsp, and was able to keep it down. Soothed the tummy a little and not as quezzy. Lil miss had a bite, then soon after ate some eggs. She actually ate 2 eggs. She was getting over it more so than me, but wasn't really eating and drinking anything yet (which was starting to worry me). Gave her a popcicle and a spoon of yogurt. About 30 min later asked "eat peeze". So far she's keeping it down too. Just wanted to say thanks for the idea. I always ate yogurt, but was always tought avoid milk products when sick. Suposably doesn't agree with ill tummys. Well, not going to thank anymore. I think its probably just what each can handle.
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If you can, at this point, only keep liquids or yogurt down you could try a protein powder shake. Of course, someone would have to go to a health store, or supermarket where they sell the powder, unledss you ahpen to have some in your pantry. They are made with milk, soymilk or some with water, if I am remembering right. My daughter, when she had braces put on, many years ago, couldn't eat anything for 3 or 4 days, so she ate those protein powder shakes instead. They may even have some shakes already made in cans that have nutrition in them.

Hope you are feeling better soon, and can keep solid food down soon! When my Dad had diarrhea real bad, the first solid food they gave him was pudding, then they started adding soup with chicken and rice.
    The binding type of solid food they gave him at first was rice and then bread (dry toast). You just have to try things to see if you can tolerate them, like your little girl and the eggs she tolerated.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea. I do happen to have soy protien powder. I hate to eat breakfast, so I drink it. I was only worried about eating some because the feel of needing to vomit was so strong. The emptier my tummy felt, the worse I would feel until I did vomit. So was trying to put something in my tummy. Thanks for the binding food info. Couldn't remember with all going on, so was just going to look it up after coming here. Saved my eyes some pain, thanks. Just put on some veggie soup in the crockpot, hoping the smell helps me want to eat. Glad to see I chose a good thing, a soup. Back to rest, best I can with 3 kids running around :lol: .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. Was so happy to finally eat a meal. I was the last to get rid of it. Still a little ill feel, but so much better. Everyone else is back to normal.
    Cheryl