Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Greece

Thanks

Default Hello from Greece

Hi all. I am from Athens - Greece. I am not here for me but for my best friend, Christina.

She was diagnosed with lupus last year, and she is absolutely not doing well. Since she is not in a position to help herself I am trying to do that for her. I hope this is ok with the rules of the forum. If it isn't , please let me know.

I also suffer from an autoimmune disease, celiac. Lupus and celiac are very rare in Greece, so we were both left untreated for a long time. I hope things will get better now. For me things are already going great, but for Christina not.

So that is my introduction!

Have a great day.
    Marisa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Marisa,

My name is Rob, and I'm a moderator here. I just wanted to welcome you, and let you know that you do not have to have Lupus to be a member and post messages here. We have friends, family, and undiagnosed people who are all members here, and we encourage people in your position to talk, and ask any questions you feel you need to in order to help your friend. Not many people are willing to do what you are doing, so your friend is very lucky to have someone like you who cares. Welcome, and please make youself at home here.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Marissa,
    Welcome to the site. This is a great site with wonderful folks that come in here. I am glad that you joined and I hope that somehow we can help your friend. My name is Kathy and I have SLE, Lupus and have had it for a very very long time. I hope that you keep posting. I hope to get to know you. Will post more later, but have to go to the store right now.

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Marisa;
    Welcome to our family. As Rob mentioned, you need not have diagnosed Lupus in order to be a member of this family. Celiac is also an auto-immune disorder, like Lupus, and there are people here with many different auto-immune disorders. So, you have come to the right place for several reasons. :lol:
    Your friend is very lucky to have you and by helping to learn about her Lupus, you will also invariably learn more about your illness also. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions that you may have about either illness. You will find that there is someone here who understands what you are going through and who is more than willing to give you help, answers, advice and support.
    Once Again.........Welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and just to say welcome to this site and sending you both gentle hugs.

Love
    Angel.xxx

Thanks

ok!!! these welcome posts are so warm!!! thank you ! You make me feel more comfortable! Actually I am willing to find everything I can about this disease. I showed the way to my doctors for celiac - they would keep on saying it is all in my head- and I will try to do the same for christina. The celiac forum was the greatest help and it seems like your forum here is really helping.

Thank you for the support.

Marisa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey 8)

welcome to the forum

x
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marisa;
    We are here specifically to help and support one another. I am glad that you feel that we can help you and your friend. Continue to educate yourself as much as possible, that is one of your best defenses against these illnesses (both yours and hers).
    We are here to help! You and your friend are not alone :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

i have had a similar experience with a doctor not listening to me. but i finally found one that is helping. she needs to see doctor after doctor until one listens. she deserves to feel better and no one has a right to deny her that. she is lucky to have such a thoughtful friend. keep encouraging her and if all else fails start calling doctors for her until she finds one that fits. good luck and i'm hoping you both find the strength and comfort you seek here.

Thanks

Welcome Marisa,

Hello to you and your friend, Christina. Having an understanding friend when you have this disease, as well as other autoimmune ones, can be one of the very best kinds of medicine. I'm glad you both have each other to lean on.

I've had Lupus for 27 years, since my teens. This forum is a great place to educate yourself and compare notes with others. There are many people here with a wealth of knowledge and compassionate understanding.

Keep us posted on how you and your friend are doing.

Sending you Warm Cyberhugs all the way to Greece!!

Fondly,

Lori